Problems with Froyo 2.2 for droid X?

ggaabe

Reaction score
I just recently put 2.2 on my phone and am very happy as this has fixed my wifi issues and losing service while sitting in one spot, however I notice now 2 new issues which may be a nuisance.

1. My music no longer automatically goes to the next song once one is done, but worked perfectly with 2.1

2. My computer is unable to find drivers to recognize my phone as "Droid X" and simply recognizes it as a external drive, so syncing with windows media player may but media in the wrong folders, but I imagine there will be drivers once it actually is released by verizon

As far as music goes, I have played around with shuffle and repeating options and nothing seems to work. It just seems to stay on whatever song I select, even after clicking the arrows to go to the next song, every song has to be selected manually. I understand that more likely than not this was "leaked" on purpose so motorola could get some free beta testing out of it. Has anybody else had similar issues or any issues in general with froyo 2.2 though?

EDIT: music issue was fixed by reboot, not sure what caused it

ANOTHER EDIT: I figured out what caused the music issue, for some reason when I use the search function and look for an individual song, and select it, it will be stuck on that individual song, and if I go back to the music list and select another song it will stay stuck on the next song I select, and the only way to get out of the loop is to go back to the music list, click the menu button, and select play all.

Last edited:

ccomengee86

Reaction score
My wifi tethering doesn't work. It starts but it says "Tethering started with errors! Please check 'Show Log'."
Apparently, it cannot enable access control. This is the only thing that fails.

I do have su and all my other root only apps work just fine.

Amagine

Reaction score
my usb isn't working.. tried the driver update, no such luck.. else its all good

Nemock

Reaction score
MY Market seems to be ridiculously slow. Same after man restarts. Really annoying when you have to click retry on a connection multiple times when a webpage will load perfectly.

Reaction score
MY Market seems to be ridiculously slow. Same after man restarts. Really annoying when you have to click retry on a connection multiple times when a webpage will load perfectly.

If this is a recent issue within the last couple hours, it's due to a Market crash/downtime. It was a widespread issue across all devices/carriers. It's actually just now coming back.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My battery usage still FC. Other than that no.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
And i don't have the problem with the music it goes to the next song just fine on shuffle and when I press next.

RPMGSXR

Reaction score
I can't believe they did not fix the NO landscape from homescreen or Apps Screen. I HATE THAT!!!!! I mean not enough to go back to my Storm II but I miss a lot of features from my Storm II.
I want a hard END button.
I want Landscape to be available from anywhere.
Better battery life would be nice as well.

I mean all I've noticed as being different in 2.2 is the lock/unlock icons.

Can someone please tell me why I just wasted 6 hours trying to root my phone to load 2.2???
Am I missing something?? What else is new here??

cincycats51

Reaction score
The battery life for me with 2.2 is absolutely terrible and I can't stand it...usage for maybe 10 minutes knocks down my battery 10%...

Mule65

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of issues with 2.2 + DX. Now I see why it hasn't been deployed.

jcstarr

Reaction score
My battery usage still FC. Other than that no.

If you are using any kind of battery widget, uninstall, reboot, and then try again. I was having the same issue and figured it out. Now no problems since... just an FYI, my battery life is fantastic so far as well.

throwscoach

Reaction score
I can't believe they did not fix the NO landscape from homescreen or Apps Screen. I HATE THAT!!!!! I mean not enough to go back to my Storm II but I miss a lot of features from my Storm II.
I want a hard END button.
I want Landscape to be available from anywhere.
Better battery life would be nice as well.

I mean all I've noticed as being different in 2.2 is the lock/unlock icons.

Can someone please tell me why I just wasted 6 hours trying to root my phone to load 2.2???
Am I missing something?? What else is new here??

I don't know man, but I can be in landscape mode anywhere, but I do run LP+ along with Froyo 2.2. I haven't noticed any battery life issues and I searched the web a great deal last night. I plan on putting it to the test today. My main issue is that "handcent" seems to not work quite so well with 2.2. Some of my received message times are strange (received one at 9:10 and it said 4:10...things like that).

lawrence87

Reaction score
The only issue i have seen so far is that in youtube if your watching a video you can no longer search while watching a video. you can but i graphic glitch happens and you gotta back out of the video. Also when checking my memory its been saying i only have 43mb free. usually after a wipe it goes to 175 but its only goes 2 110. i guess thats another issue but it could be a memory leak in a application thats not compatible with froyo

lawrence87

Reaction score
Oh and did you notice market now has a update all button. i dont know if its new but i never saw that before and i had to update each app on its own.

Mikey311

Reaction score
my usb isn't working.. tried the driver update, no such luck.. else its all good

there isn't any adb support for 2.2 droid x yet, but your computer should still read your phone as mass storage device