Problems with Froyo 2.2 for droid X?

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Never mind i did a factory reset and im good now as far as calling... of course my Backup pro won't reinstall my apps and somehow the apps i had 2 droids ago started installing themselves (odd).

Then when i reinstalled Launcher pro i started to have the issue again, deleted and fixed. Looks like launcher pro was my issue and i went through all that crap for nothing :(

all my contacts came back but at least 3 times each and are no longer linked to my FB.

kpiskin

Reaction score
Only problem I have encountered so far is bluetooth audio tends to stutter when I play music. This happens on both my Pandora and personal music files. I didn't have that issue prior to updating.

pcm2a

Reaction score
Bluetooth tethering is locked down in 2.2 where it was not in 2.1.

kpiskin

Reaction score
BT tethering is not the same as a2dp music streaming over BT.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I just recently put 2.2 on my phone and am very happy as this has fixed my wifi issues and losing service while sitting in one spot, however I notice now 2 new issues which may be a nuisance.

1. My music no longer automatically goes to the next song once one is done, but worked perfectly with 2.1

2. My computer is unable to find drivers to recognize my phone as "Droid X" and simply recognizes it as a external drive, so syncing with windows media player may but media in the wrong folders, but I imagine there will be drivers once it actually is released by verizon

As far as music goes, I have played around with shuffle and repeating options and nothing seems to work. It just seems to stay on whatever song I select, even after clicking the arrows to go to the next song, every song has to be selected manually. I understand that more likely than not this was "leaked" on purpose so motorola could get some free beta testing out of it. Has anybody else had similar issues or any issues in general with froyo 2.2 though?

EDIT: music issue was fixed by reboot, not sure what caused it

ANOTHER EDIT: I figured out what caused the music issue, for some reason when I use the search function and look for an individual song, and select it, it will be stuck on that individual song, and if I go back to the music list and select another song it will stay stuck on the next song I select, and the only way to get out of the loop is to go back to the music list, click the menu button, and select play all.

That's always been like that if i remember correctly o_O even while I was reading your post I was going to my albums and holding and selecting "add to current playlist" which would be the temp playlist for just all the songs I want to play right now. Anytime you go to an individual song and click it, your phone will only play. Thats not a 2.2 issue, just a user error lol

OP
ggaabe

ggaabe

Reaction score
I just recently put 2.2 on my phone and am very happy as this has fixed my wifi issues and losing service while sitting in one spot, however I notice now 2 new issues which may be a nuisance.

1. My music no longer automatically goes to the next song once one is done, but worked perfectly with 2.1

2. My computer is unable to find drivers to recognize my phone as "Droid X" and simply recognizes it as a external drive, so syncing with windows media player may but media in the wrong folders, but I imagine there will be drivers once it actually is released by verizon

As far as music goes, I have played around with shuffle and repeating options and nothing seems to work. It just seems to stay on whatever song I select, even after clicking the arrows to go to the next song, every song has to be selected manually. I understand that more likely than not this was "leaked" on purpose so motorola could get some free beta testing out of it. Has anybody else had similar issues or any issues in general with froyo 2.2 though?

EDIT: music issue was fixed by reboot, not sure what caused it

ANOTHER EDIT: I figured out what caused the music issue, for some reason when I use the search function and look for an individual song, and select it, it will be stuck on that individual song, and if I go back to the music list and select another song it will stay stuck on the next song I select, and the only way to get out of the loop is to go back to the music list, click the menu button, and select play all.

That's always been like that if i remember correctly o_O even while I was reading your post I was going to my albums and holding and selecting "add to current playlist" which would be the temp playlist for just all the songs I want to play right now. Anytime you go to an individual song and click it, your phone will only play. Thats not a 2.2 issue, just a user error lol

Damn really? now I feel stupid, but that wasn't happening for me with 2.1, I'm positive of it, but maybe I'm just crazy. I personally have to use the search button because for some reason my sync doubled all the music and the names aren't right so I can't go alphabetically. -_-

phatkat66

Reaction score
Lol i've had moments like that where I forget to download the information to cds when I rip them then I have 30 "track 1" files >_<

impostor71

Reaction score
A few things that I've noticed with 2.2:

Music player would work fine with my MP3, MP4 files and then all of a sudden, it won't recognize them. A reboot fixes this.

Flash Player 10.1 included in the leaked update will sometimes just won't work on sites that previously was working fine.

The current Flash Player 10.1.92.8 from the MarketPlace has audio/video syncing issues for me. Audio is about 1 sec ahead of video when I'm watching trailers from the sony trailers site.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im having problems with youtube website playing through the youtube app the way it originally did. Now the only way I can watch it is through the flash on the website.

kpiskin

Reaction score
A few things that I've noticed with 2.2:

Music player would work fine with my MP3, MP4 files and then all of a sudden, it won't recognize them. A reboot fixes this.

Flash Player 10.1 included in the leaked update will sometimes just won't work on sites that previously was working fine.

The current Flash Player 10.1.92.8 from the MarketPlace has audio/video syncing issues for me. Audio is about 1 sec ahead of video when I'm watching trailers from the sony trailers site.

I got the music file error too. I was worried, but decided to reboot and it fixed the issue. Not sure what caused the problem because my phone saw the music files earlier in the day.

popdevil

Reaction score
How is everyone getting the 2.2 update for Droid X? I search for updates and it says 2.1 is current.

Reaction score
How is everyone getting the 2.2 update for Droid X? I search for updates and it says 2.1 is current.

The update was leaked a few days ago over on MyDroidWorld. It's not at all official and Motorola sent out a cease and desist. I'm not sure if it's still up over there or not, but there are a few walkthroughs on various blogs for installing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

scf

Reaction score
interesting how reboots are fixing some issues. my gps was acting funny for a few days. then after i had rebooted a couple of times over the days...it "fixed itself".

Whoah. Magic.

kpiskin

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of issues with 2.2 + DX. Now I see why it hasn't been deployed.

Nailed it on the head.

More like a lot of whiners. We all knew it was install at our own risk. It's typical to hear from the complainers and not the happy users. I have a few little things like MMS timestamping and a BT stream stuttering issue that seems to be fixed by turning off wifi. However, other than that, the phone works better/faster than 2.1 in all other respects. Battery life has even improved a little.