Problems with DarkEdge ROM/theme in RM?

mjh68

Reaction score
I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?

i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.

No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score
I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?

i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.

No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.

i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.

mjh68

Reaction score

i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.

Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score

Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.

you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.

mjh68

Reaction score

you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.

Ok, that worked . Thanks for your patience and assistance . Guess I was trying to be to efficient with wiping LOL. I really do like this theme :)

JRDroid

Reaction score
Once you have steam installed with the new DE theme is there an easy way to change between the colors (say yellow to red or green)

JRDroid

Reaction score
Once you have Steam with DE installed is there an easy way to switch between the colors?

Stretch2m

Reaction score
I was having the boot loops too. Installing the Steam ROM with the stock option first (wipe data/cache), boot up, add Google account, re-install ROM Manager from the market, then install Steam ROM with the DE option (do NOT wipe data/cache). Worked like a charm!

This theme is awesome!
:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I had the same issue and its not rm its actually the way darkedge is coded he only authorizes certain people to release team chaos has done the decoding to perfection and is authorized to release with his rom I have been running it for some time now and it works great go to forum click on team chaos and look for dark edge thread link is there. No need to use a PC if u have tornado from market place which download manager allows u to download zip files and save to SD card I also use root manager. I had red rum 1.3 installed went to rm and install from SD don't wipe should be fine for added fun I also use ADW launcher which is awesome! Sorry to anyone who has posted these instructions here
already

iday5243

Reaction score
Need Help!

I am sorry for acting like a noob, but for some reason I cannot get the DarkEdge theme to work on my phone. I have tried so many things and nothing has worked. Anybody that can help? plz..
I have a droid eris. It is rooted, I am running KaosFroyov38(2.2) which is basically cyanogenmod. Sorry for posting on this thread, so late, but most related threads were close. I have seen people online do it with rooted phones running other ROMs, but I am just not able to. I hsve downloaded Metamorph and Rom Manager, but Metamorph says file not complete and Rom Manager runs it and says installation abort even though I didn't press anything. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks