Rom Manager Issue?

JRDroid

Reaction score
Whenever i try to download and install a rom with rom manager today i end up with a boot loop. I have been trying to get Steam and BB and neither will work. However my backups of BB are working fine. What is the issue here?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I take it you have CM Recovery installed and working properly?

OP
J

JRDroid

Reaction score
I take it you have CM Recovery installed and working properly?

Yes I do. I have been using rom manager for a while. The backup i am restoring to was originally flashed using rom manager when BB 1.0 came out. It is just today that i have started having this issue. I also installed dark edge today. Is there any correlation?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd try an old version of CMR, maybe .1.2.... I had weird problems with some of the versions, so dropping back to a version I knew worked helped out a lot.

OP
J

JRDroid

Reaction score
This worked. Switched to a version or two back and got my clean install of BB. Thanks!

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Having this issue right now. Coming from rooted factory 2.1 - BB 1.0 installed with Rom Manager and CMR 1.8.1.4 results in an endless boot loop unless I wipe data and cache. I have a lot of apps installed and it is a PITA to re-install my apps after a factory wipe.

Downloaded Titanium Backup, waiting for my license key for the donate version, the ability to link my restored apps back to the market is critical, a feature the donate version provides.

Going to try dropping back to an older version of CMR and see if I can install BB without having to do a factory wipe.
JDroid, what version of CMR did you find worked for you?

*** update ****
Just tried CMR 1.8.1.1, same result boot loop after installing BB 1.0 without doing a factory wipe.... hopefully my Titanium key shows up soon.

Last edited: