Problems with DarkEdge ROM/theme in RM?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I noticed you could download the Steam Rom with dark edge theme in ROM manager now. Although, im having a little trouble getting it to boot. it downloads fine. i wipe data/cache. it installs fine. but it then boot loops in the dark edge boot animation. any ideas? thanks in advance

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions. It seems that a number of folks are experiencing the same issue after installing a new rom via rom manager.

Are you able to restore a backup?

Mike

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions. It seems that a number of folks are experiencing the same issue after installing a new rom via rom manager.

Mike

yup. no problem restoring. no problems anywhere actually...just getting darkedge to boot, of course. so this is a RM issue or a DE issue?

SteveC

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue with Steam Dark Edge.

Edit- I was the third restore that the backup did not loop on the boot animation.

Last edited:

marty4short

Reaction score
Try this in recovery go to the partitions menu format system,cache and data. If your having problems with market issues it's because there was a market update but i only ran into this on test 0. You will have to pull the market from data app then theme it and reflash it. I don't know if this will fix your problem but you can always try that

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

yup. no problem restoring. no problems anywhere actually...just getting darkedge to boot, of course. so this is a RM issue or a DE issue?

My sense is it is a DE issue. Can you reinstall the rom without the theme to see if it rectifies the problem?

Mike

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Mike

My sense is it is a DE issue. Can you reinstall the rom without the theme to see if it rectifies the problem?

Mike

maybe thats the problem...but i have tried downloading the steam rom before but with no luck. it wouldnt install either. im sure itll get fixed. im just curious what all the hype is about dark edge.

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score
i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

crisis

stlcity

Reaction score
i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

crisis

Thats what he said on the IRC...

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score

crisis

Thats what he said on the IRC...

well, good for you but the question wasn't answered for the rest of the people posting in the thread with problems who may not have gone to the irc channel. your comment was so constructive.

mjh68

Reaction score
I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score
I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?

i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.

hookerdj

Reaction score