Problems with coonnecting to bluetooth headset

jbyrd125

Reaction score
Recently, since around the time I updated to 2.2, my Droid Incredible has become unable to connect to my bluetooth headset. I have a Jabra VBT185Z and before the update I would simply turn on the headset and it would auto-pair. Not I turn it on and the led stays a solid color. When I check my settings on my phone under bluetooth it shows the device and says "paired but not connected." If I select the device to try and connect it, I will get the prompt to enter a password. No sooner do I type in one character in the password when the prompt disappears and a message comes up "A problem occured pairing with this device."
I have tried turning off the headset and turning it back on, I have tried turning off the bluetooth on the phone and restarting that and even rebooting the phone. Nothing seems to work. I have tried other headsets and get the same problem.
The other issue is that sometimes my phone does not automatically detect the device and when I scan for it, it will be found and then try to pair but it stays in "pairing..." and never pairs or connects.
I have seen some similar threads but none which describe my situation. Please help if anyone knows how to fix this as I really want to be able to use my headset while driving.

tommyb38

Reaction score
Saw this same problem in the store. I tried everything and even went to tier 3 tech with this one. Unfortunately the only solution we were able to come up with was factory reset. We literally tried pairing with ever model bluetooth that we had in the store, no luck. I hope someone here has a better solution, but that did take care of the problem for my customer.

OP
J

jbyrd125

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there was maybe a patch or something.
How would I go about doing a factory reset? If I do will I lose all my apps? Also, would I have to reload froyo? I got my phone in June so I had just gotten the update last month.

OP
J

jbyrd125

Reaction score
Tommyb, I went ahead and did a factory reset last night. It seemed to do the trick. My bluetooth is now connected. Thank you for the helpful info. Hopefully there is an easier fix coming since this wiped out all music, photos and apps I had installed on the phone.
Thank you again for the help!