Bluetooth Problems

M

Matth3w

Ok I had posted a thread on this before but thought it was due to my stupidity of not setting up my BT after I re-rooted and wiped my phone, but that's not the case.

1) The BT set (Moto H700) is paired with the phone. It has one of those little booms that flip in to turn it on or off:

motorola-h700-p_118974vb.png

Bluetooth stays on 24/7 on my phone. Obviously my BT headset does not. On every other phone I have ever owned, once the headset is paired with the device, once you turn it on it should automatically connect. Mine doesn't. It just sits there. And when I go into settings it says "paired but not connected." Why doesn't it go automatically?

2) In addition, when I am using it, I can hear people fine but they are telling me that it sounds like I am echoing. Any suggestions there?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Matth3w

Anyone that has this problem? I just tried to use BT again, and I had to manually connect it despite it being paired already and on....

radioz

Reaction score
What happens if you just turn off bluetooth on your Droid and then turn it back on again? Will it pair?

I always turn off my headset (a Plantronics 975 - very nice) and then turn bluetooth off on my Droid. I normally just turn on my headset and then enable it on my Droid. It always seems to work for me.

OP
M

Matth3w

Well I leave my BT on, on the phone, so it should take even LESS time to start up. I can try your suggestion when I get off this phone call but I don't think it will work.

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok, this is definitely not something I've had to do in the past...but I figured out I have to hit the button on the headset to get it to connect.

A50Fuente

Reaction score
bluetooth headphones/headset for my motorola droid , When I connect them they work fine, but if I pause the music for more than a minute or take a call, when the music starts back, it gets extremely choppy. I will get about 1/2 second of music, then 1/2 second pause over and over until I restart either the headphones or the bluetooth on the phone.

I've tried two separate bluetooth headsets same results(Samsung WEP870)
They work fine on other phones/media players

Anyone have any Ideas?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I don't have exactly the same issue, but I have noticed that when I'm streaming music via BT to my car, and then switch to my BT headset to take a call, the caller will sound choppy like you described until I unpair or remove power from my stereo BT gateway. It sounds like it's just another issue with BT on the Droid. I'm hoping for some major BT changes with 2.1, since so many folks have complained about voice dialing and such.

jackportd

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope I can help you to solve this problem. The first thing you need to do is to pair the phones to each other. Your instruction manual will tell you how to do this. When you enter your passcode into your phone, you and the other person must enter the same code. For example, if you enter 0000 and the other person enters 1234, the phones will not link and you'll not be able to use the Bluetooth. Check with the other person what their code is and match that, or agree between you what code you'll use. The default code for all Bluetooth settings is 0000 (four zeroes). If this doesn't resolve the problem, contact me again, and I'll try to help you further.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Um....Jackport? Are you in the right place?

cwzwack

Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting Lenovo T61 to my Droid. They pair just fine, but won't connect. I've had other phones connect to this computer with no problems. Anybody else try bluetooth connection to PC?