Problems with 2.2 Froyo update

yojay

Reaction score
Froyo made everything better..almost

Well, it seems I'm one of the lucky ones. Almost everything about my phone is better because of Froyo. For starters, my Quadrant score over doubled, essentially making my phone twice as fast (cue long discussion about the importance of this benchmark in 3..2..1). I love the Voice Search app Google just released, so far. I even like the Flashlight app and the new keyboard features. 720p video recording is huge for me, since I take a ton of video with my Incredible.

My only issue was mentioned above: Twitter for HTC Sense no longer accepts my user info. However, the official Twitter app does, so I will use that for now until the other issue gets fixed.

I don't care about the new icons for apps I'll never use. I'll just ignore them. I'm not going to lose any sleep over them. Flash 10.1 has worked on the sites where I've tried it. Although not always perfect, it beats no content at all. I also noticed it worked better in xScope instead of the stock browser (example, playing videos from stereocreen.com, an all flash site, worked better in xScope).

psoff

Reaction score
Still VERY pissed...

WEll I have been sitting and waiting, hoping that Verizon would have sent out a update to fix the CRAPPY update they had me do. Well of course nothing has happened... I just wrote their customer service an email. My next step is to go into their store and complain. here is the email I sent them....
"I have the HTC Incredible phone. I bought it the first day it came out. I have been rather happy with it up until NOW. Verizon had me upgrade the software from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 and now I have all kinds of problems with it. my internet browser crashes often, I have apps that are starting on their own in the background. Verizon installed applications that I cannot uninstall,, such as Skype Mobile. The battery life now is much less than before the upgrade. The list can go on and on. I want to put the Android 2.1 back into the phone and I'm guessing Verizon will not do that for me or tell me how to do it, just because that is TYPICAL of Verizon. I have been with Verizon for a VERY VERY long time. I'm now totally had it with their CONTROLLING of my phone capabilities and forcing me to use things that I do not want. I would like some resolution NOW or I'm seriously thinking of switching my service and going to AT&T and get an I-phone. and I will not pay the cancelation fees if I do because this phone is no longer the product I bought and agreed to use for the next 2 years. And I'm sure a class action law suit would prove that. I been a Verizon customer to know that Verizon has had a GREAT number of Class action suits because of their CONTROLLING ways, and I know they have lost most of them. Does Verizon REALLY want another because of this?????"

They offer a 30 return policy on their phones when you first purchase it. In my opinion you should get 30 days after each upgrade to these phones because it is no longer the same phone I purchased and was happy with the first 30 days. Verizon NEEDS to make this right, and do it QUICK.

Reaction score
I went into the store and complained he said the only thing they can do is send me a new phone but it will ship out with 2.2 so it seemed pointless and I've had my phone since day one actually two days before day one and I don't want the different screen they put on the new ones its quite disappointing

Smokadime

Reaction score
...I would like some resolution NOW or I'm seriously thinking of switching my service and going to AT&T and get an I-phone. and I will not pay the cancelation fees if I do because this phone is no longer the product I bought and agreed to use for the next 2 years...

LOL @ this. I did the same exact thing in-store. It is now an inferior phone to the one that I purchased, and I could not be more disappointed with the customer service I have received from both Verizon and HTC as well. The Verizon store I went into was moderately crowded, and after a lengthy circular conversation with an alleged "customer service" rep, I said - loud enough for most of the customers to hear - "So basically, your answer to my problem, a problem your company caused, is, essentially 'go screw?' OK, well tell me where the nearest AT&T store is, I'm going to get the iPhone right now, I'm done with your sorry excuse for customer service." They didn't like that very much, and essentially it was a bluff, at least for now. But I am so upset about this "upgrade," and each day I find new stuff that isn't working correctly, or at all for that matter after downloading this garbage.

Reaction score
Everyone call 611 on a different phone and complain about it once they get enough people to complain about it they'll start working on a fix

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everyone call 611 on a different phone and complain about it once they get enough people to complain about it they'll start working on a fix

There must be something I don't understand. I've read of many, many people that had problems with 2.2 that were solved (according to them) by having a factory store reflash 2.2. They all said it gave them the same flawless operating system that millions of people have. Is that not an option anymore?

Noobish

Reaction score
After my update to 2.2 I started seeing a lag. So when I unlock my phone and try and use the drop down screen there is a 2 second delay . Is anyone else having this problem? I am also having a lag on the unlock screen and when I slide to the different home screens. When i type too fast it lags as well . Any ideas ?

Chillenout

Reaction score
You guys that are having problems do understand that the Verizon warranty covers hardware and Software? The 2.2 upgrade went out to millions of phones and there have been issue on a small percentage of those phones. If yours is one of those, contact Verizon with a warranty issue. They will make it right. In most cases, they can reflash the software and your issues will disappear.

2.2 is faster and has more features than 2.1. If it isn't working that way for you, demand that Verizon fix it. You should not have to hunt around the internet for a fix.

You are so right. Before the update I loved my Incredible. Since the update I'm having battery & lag issues. Now this phone is just 1 step above the piece of junk BB Storm i just got rid of.

I sent emails to Verizon Exec Offices - CEO of Verizon Wireless Lowell Mc Adam, and the Region President for my area.

I won't be holding my breath to see if Verizon gives a rats ass and does the right thing and fix the problems....

Here's the link.

Executive Leadership

Click on view profile & then scroll to the bottom to the contact link.

The link for the Region Presidents is in the red box on the left.

molo41

Reaction score
I have had all the same issues you are plus some. I could no longer open my internet. I called HTC and was told they were aware of a few people who's update had a small glitch. Verizon replaced my 2 month old incredible for a "NEW" phone that was a refurb. The "New" phone worked until it updated and then I lost all use of the phone. The phone would not even boot. The employee tested the phone and said it was dead . After much complaining I was given a real new phone and it is working great but it keeps wanting me to install 2.2. Is their any way to stop this update and wait for a new one that hopefully will not destroy another phone.

molo41

Reaction score
It did not work for mine at all I am now on my third phone because 2.2 has messed them up so much they wont even boot up

molo41

Reaction score
They will send you a refurb phone I got mine today. It had 2.1 on it. It updated to 2.2 and basically crashed the phone. the store did give me a new out of the box phone and its working great still has 2.1 I dont know how long I can ignore it before it will update on its own again

fatboy151

Reaction score
I too have to reboot several times before I can connect to the mobile network? Seem's to be my only issue so far, have not noticed any battery life improvement yet?

Last edited:

RDAndroid

Reaction score
Phone: Droid Incredible
Pros: Was Awesome
Cons: 2.2 Froyo turned it into a piece of dog sh%t.

Figured I'd list my complaints too since this is a $200 phone with a $375 contract cancellation attached to it.

1. Directly off charger battery drops down a bar.
2. Phone shuts off and turns back on
3. 3G appears to be NO G far more often.
4. Additional Battery Drains VERY quickly.
5. Odd popups occur with messages (don't remember what they said".
6. Phone reboots when using camera.
7. Texts hang
8. Haven't gotten a text my GF sent me last Friday. And it's Tuesday night. And she did sent it. We checked!

What was an awesome phone, is now a piece of sh*t in my pocket because of this 2.2 Froyo update! IMO