Problems with 2.2 Froyo update

kruck55

Reaction score
I got the Froyo update today around 1:00am. After it installed, however, I am having some problems with the Flash player. I am able to see the Flash videos, though it is somewhat choppy, but I am having a problem with the sound. On some sites, like colbertnation.com and cnettv.com, when I play a video the sound seems like it has slowed down. It sounds like the people are speaking in slow motion, but the video is running at normal speed. I don't know how to fix this problem, or if it can be fixed. If someone is having the same problem please let me know! I need to get this fixed. Everything else seems to be running just fine...

Reaction score
That happened on my droid 2.2! I was watching Stephen Colbert and it sounded all low pitched like it was in slow motion I think it's just a bug because when I closed the window and reloaded it it was fine I'm not sure on incredible flash I haven't gotten it yet but pretty every browser bug ive seen can be fixed with closing the window and trying again

thePITman

Reaction score
Here are my problems so far (just installed 2.2), just at first glance:

All my Facebook friends' birthdays got imported in my phone calendar. I am using the Calendar widget to display upcoming events, but now it's basically been over ran by 600+ birthdays! NOT what I want... (FIXED - Went to Calendar > Menu > More > Calendars, then unchecked Facebook)

The Twitter widget is no longer pulling any posts from those I'm following. After further research, I logged out and am not being allowed to log in. I know I am using the correct username and password. It says invalid username or password. GRR!

ESPN Scorecenter is not updating anymore and not posting anything. (FIXED by itself)

What the heck... Max of 10 contacts per text, now, instead of 20? And my phone just started sending out random text messages that I sent last week.

So much for calling this an "upgrade"... Seriously, I think EVERYTHING on my phone except for the Weather Channel and the Magic 8 Ball has been screwed up.

Last edited:

psoff

Reaction score
I'm NEw to this site and hope to find it helpful for a long time.
So my Incredible auto updated to 2.2 this morning through Verizon, and now I am having issues with apps auto running even after I kill them. And it looks like Verizon installed apps that I can not even uninstall. Such as Skype Mobile, Amazon MP3, 3g mobile hotspot,MyVerizon..etc I was able to uninstall Skype Mobile and My Verizon with the 2.1 Android. Also my music player keeps auto launching as well. Has anyone else been having these problems since their update from Verizon? And does anyone know how I can fix this?

psoff

Reaction score
And it reboots every so often for no reason at all. VERIZON...GIVE ME 2.1 BACK PLEASE

EYEONE

Reaction score
So my Incredible auto updated to 2.2 this morning through Verizon, and now I am having issues with apps auto running even after I kill them. And it looks like Verizon installed apps that I can not even uninstall. Such as Skype Mobile, Amazon MP3, 3g mobile hotspot,MyVerizon..etc I was able to uninstall Skype Mobile and My Verizon with the 2.1 Android. Also my music player keeps auto launching as well. Has anyone else been having these problems since their update from Verizon? And does anyone know how I can fix this?

I am having this same problem. I even uninstalled the Skype app and Skype Mobile, Amazon MP3 and a few others still pop up constantly. I've also had trouble with my phone not sleeping today and yesterday. I went from 100% to 30% in about 3.5 hours this morning. I removed the calender app cause I heard it was causing it but it's still staying awake. Help?!

Another problem is that half of the time when I reboot the phone won't connect to the mobile network. I can't get the Market, Facebook or Google talk to open until I reboot the phone. Then and only then will "3G" show up on the top bar. Help again?!

Last edited:

adoxtater

Reaction score

I am having the EXACT same problem. Before the update I had processes pretty much under control, even though I really don't agree with Verizon's "fix" for it (having me install a process killing app and re-enacting "Lost" by having to press a button every half hour. If you ask me, thats not a solution. At all. It's a bandaid, and a poor one... expecting your paying customers to do something the phone's software should be doing: managing processes). But AFTER the upgrade to 2.2, it got much, much worse. Now there are tons of processes that are running all the time that weren't before the upgrade. I too have things like Skype running in the background all the time. I can't uninstall it either. The jokes on me I guess because that's an app I tried once, disliked, and removed months ago. Now I guess Verizon feels its a "must" to have running on my phone all the time. It can't be stopped more than temporarily AND you can't uninstall it. You guys have NO idea how frustrated I am right now.

To top it all off, since the 2.2 upgrade the phone has noiceably slowed down. It lags from time to time, and then just freezes. The interface does I man. Even switching Sense for LauncherPro it still freezes every couple hours or so, forcing me to reboot the phone to get it back to normal.

Add that to the initial antenna problems (dropped calls, poor call quality, etc) and a few other issues I found with this phone, and you have a nightmare of a cell. I get zero sympathy from Verizon staff both times I've tried to either switch to another phone or just get out of the contract. If I had any idea it would be this much of a bad experience I wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

Sorry I got carried away LOL... I guess my point was that I'm seeing the same problems you are. And I think it's wrong. All the way around. Hopefully they provide is with a fast fix!

But I won't hold my breath ;)

Bluejayjay86

Reaction score
same here

I can't kill these processes either. Soooo frustrating! Is it possible to undo the upgrade?

Smokadime

Reaction score
Having All of the Same Problems...

Just echoing the sentiment of the whole thread here, having the same problems with applications and processes running in the background without having initiated the process/app myself. What a waste. One thing I have noticed that I haven't seen mentioned here yet is that after using the task-killer to close the internet, when I reopen the internet it goes back to the same page I was viewing before I closed the last time, not to my home page. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, all the apps that were added through the update are worthless. Same as another poster, with Skype, tried it months ago, hated it and uninstalled it. I have no use for any of the new apps (My Verizon, Amazon MP3, etc.), and am so frustrated that I cannot uninstall them, so pointless.

Also, if any Verizon users have noticed this, that they've added VZ Navigator to the app list, as another app that is unable to be uninstalled. Droid's navigator is free, yet they have loaded an app, in VZ Navigator, that does the same exact thing, yet requires a $9.99/month fee to use. This is idiotic. The only real difference that I have noticed with the update that I can tolerate is the fact that you can now orient the phone in landscape either way, meaning that the phone will orient to landscape view with the top of the phone to the left or right, whereas before it would only orient landsacpe if the top of the phone was to the left. This is the only thing I can see that has been improved with the update, everything else is driving me to drink.

I talked with the people from HTC tech support, and the guy so eloquently informed me that "somewhere," on the internet you can find the old 2.1 system and essentially downgrade back to 2.1. I've been looking for a while now and am unable to find it, though. Maybe someone else has found it through a reputable site? Seems like this is the only option for now, and a ridiculous one at that.

langle

Reaction score

I am having this same problem. I even uninstalled the Skype app and Skype Mobile, Amazon MP3 and a few others still pop up constantly. I've also had trouble with my phone not sleeping today and yesterday. I went from 100% to 30% in about 3.5 hours this morning. I removed the calender app cause I heard it was causing it but it's still staying awake. Help?!

Another problem is that half of the time when I reboot the phone won't connect to the mobile network. I can't get the Market, Facebook or Google talk to open until I reboot the phone. Then and only then will "3G" show up on the top bar. Help again?!

I had a problem after the froyo upgrade where my Incredible would lose the Mobile network connection in low signal areas and then not reconnect upon moving to a stronger signal area. I found that rather than rebooting the phone, I could put the phone into and out of airplane mode and the phone would reconnect.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can just downgrade it the same way you would if it were rooted. Do what it says at the very bottom with the youtube video.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html

Aaaanyways, I'm having no issues with Froyo. I've noticed web browsing with wifi to be amazingly fast. I noticed a small issue with the update all button, but that's not a big deal.

Even if they're open in the background, it's not going to do anything to your battery, folks. Look at the running app itself, and unless you've used it, you'll see the cache is at 0.0. Are you guys REALLY noticing a battery drain from this? Or is your battery going down because you're screwing around with it more to see what the update has to offer, and trying to used advanced task killer every 5 seconds (Which simply just doesn't work in FroYo, it's been a known fact for months, not just a new thing for the incredible).

I've noticed no worse battery than before. No better battery either. Before FroYo I was an ATK addict, but after using my phone 3 time with froyo, I realize how silly it was to use it.

If battery bugs you, get Juice Defender. I think it works noticeably. My phone lasts me at least 12 hours, from when I wake up, till I go to bed (Except when I'm talking to the girlfriend for an hour or two)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You guys that are having problems do understand that the Verizon warranty covers hardware and Software? The 2.2 upgrade went out to millions of phones and there have been issue on a small percentage of those phones. If yours is one of those, contact Verizon with a warranty issue. They will make it right. In most cases, they can reflash the software and your issues will disappear.

2.2 is faster and has more features than 2.1. If it isn't working that way for you, demand that Verizon fix it. You should not have to hunt around the internet for a fix.

Pungkram

Reaction score
verizon equals lame

I just got 2.2 froyo for my droid incredible. These updates are terrible! The 2.1 update destroyed my Eris, so I got an incredible. It ran smooth as glass with 2.1 in it. Today I received my 2.2 and again...totally wrecked my incredible. Random apps run, when I close them with my task killer(it says they closed) they still run! Is this some kind of scam to get people without unlimited data?! If I go to my Menu> manage apps> running apps..there they are.. tons of apps running, slowing down my incredible, slowing internet, draining my battery! I have to manually force stop all of the following: Stocks, Messages, Internet, Music player, Voice search, Voice dialer, Mail, facebook for htc sense, flicr. Most open at random. And I'm sure I missed a few. When I called verizon and talked to 2 different supervisors they refused to give me a # for their bosses. This is my second time going through this. They kept saying they were working on the 2.1 issues with the Eris. Lies. Now they are saying the same thing about 2.2 hmm..

SixBrew

Reaction score
I got the Froyo update today around 1:00am. After it installed, however, I am having some problems with the Flash player. I am able to see the Flash videos, though it is somewhat choppy, but I am having a problem with the sound. On some sites, like colbertnation.com and cnettv.com, when I play a video the sound seems like it has slowed down. It sounds like the people are speaking in slow motion, but the video is running at normal speed. I don't know how to fix this problem, or if it can be fixed. If someone is having the same problem please let me know! I need to get this fixed. Everything else seems to be running just fine...

I am having the same issue when trying to listen to Bob & Tom on any of the flash players on radio station websites. Sounds like they're played at half speed or something. Not sure what the issue is with it.

Pungkram

Reaction score
Oh, there's more. Even force stopping the random running apps won't work. They just keep running. Videos (3-10 seconds) can no longer be downloaded, watched, or fetched. Youtube videos are jumpy at best, some won't play at all. They worked fine before the update. One phone call(made, received, missed) opens up the following apps: my verizon, voice dialer, skype, city id, mp3 store. All this is killing my battery and makes my incredible as slow as my old eris..if not slower. Bogus.