Problems w/Sky Map, Maps, VZ Navigator on Incredible 2

Sebastian

Reaction score
Here is a quick work around to get it working ASAP.

When in your location menu, make sure you have the VZW Location Services On. This will enable the data services to find you. Once its on, the GPS will locate you VERY quickly.

Thanks, but that is not the solution for the problem I (among others) are having. Locating it not the problem. Orienting is the problem. This concerns the magnetometer, not the GPS.

Oddly enough, it also fixed my directional as well.

AnnoyedDroid

Reaction score
Here is a quick work around to get it working ASAP.

When in your location menu, make sure you have the VZW Location Services On. This will enable the data services to find you. Once its on, the GPS will locate you VERY quickly.

Thanks, but that is not the solution for the problem I (among others) are having. Locating it not the problem. Orienting is the problem. This concerns the magnetometer, not the GPS.

Oddly enough, it also fixed my directional as well.

I am genuinely happy for you success. I already had VZW locator services enabled...boggling it had no effect for me. One does wonder if the various location service might step on Rachel other.

Billmelater

Reaction score
Backwards Compass

I haven't noticed the problem in Maps but I do know that my compass app points in the wrong direction as does Google Star map. ... reporting it to Verizon / HTC.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought this phone was perfect, I discovered this problem tonight. Navigation works, as does using the compass "mode", but it's like it has to constantly correct itself because it's turned around. I haven't seen much else about this, but hopefully fixes it accordingly.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Its in the phone upside down it seems. When i hold it above my head with the screen facing down everything is right. Wow. Never noticed that.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its in the phone upside down it seems. When i hold it above my head with the screen facing down everything is right. Wow. Never noticed that.

lol, that's crazy... I guess they could just tell the software to flip it around? or maybe it's the software that's thinking it's upside down...?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the same email about the compass issue, I mentioned the bootloader, and basically the guy said "we're still reviewing our policy on previously released phones - but I personally hope they decide to unlock them." So at least he didn't say it was out of the question... and at least he wanted it too, not that he'll have any say. :)

devator22

Reaction score
I use the navigation app often, and could imagine how this would suck. However, I do not have this problem. I bought mine the day after it was released.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

darinr80

Reaction score
Yeah but for me the problem is not when I'm in navigation mode. It's when I'm still or driving, and I turn on the compass. It is then that north and south are flipped.

darinr80

Reaction score
I use Google Maps as well, but when I click the compass mode built in, in the upper right, it shows streets 180 degrees off. HTC is aware of this and they're going to releasing an OTA fix soon.