Problems Unbricking RAZR M

Signorino

Reaction score
Okay, I was trying to change roms on my RAZR M. Somehow, I accidentally bricked it. I'm trying to unbrick it, using this thread as a guide: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...droid-razr-m-unbrick-return-razr-m-stock.html

I've downloaded all of the files, and I entered the fastboot mode on my phone in step 5. When I connect it to my computer, the phone says "usb connected", and the computer makes a sound signifying that I just plugged something into it. Unfortunately, my computer won't find my phone, it just makes the sound, then it's like the phone isn't plugged in at all. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Scimino

Reaction score
Do u have the drivers for that phone installed? If you do maybe uninstall and try installing again. You can find the drivers on moto's website.

OP
S

Signorino

Reaction score
Yes, I have all the drivers installed. I just tried the Matt's all in one utility. When I start the WIndow's Utility, it brings up a terminal that says "Press any key to open the utility". WHen I press a button, it says "\Downloads\DROID_RAZR_M_Utility_1.20\WindowsUtility.bat'''''> was unexpected at this time", and closes.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Did you extract it to a folder on your desktop with all contents in one place? Maybe try a different usb port or a different computer.

OP
S

Signorino

Reaction score
Seems to be working on my laptop. Weird. Thanks for the help, guys.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
As long as it's working. Just out of curiosity, what version of Windows were you running on the other PC?

OP
S

Signorino

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7 on both computers. Although, the Windows 7 on my desktop seems to be a little corrupted. It has all these small problems. For example, it won't give me the options to create folders in my files, and when I try to type commands into a terminal, it doesn't understand some commands for seemingly no reason. I'm going to have to re-install it. I have no idea if there's any connection between this issue and those ones.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The problem with terminal commands strikes me as a possible issue. The utility uses fastboot/adb commands.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

lwags67

Reaction score
There is a simple fix for not being able to create folders. Google that topic. Had same problem and a simple download and import of a registry item fixed it.

OP
S

Signorino

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Like I said though, I'm just going to re-install it, as there are a few other issues on top of that. Though I hadn't tried looking for an answer. Good to know it's an easy fix if it ever happens again.