USB connection not recognized

phenrichs

Reaction score
Just picked up my Razr M Saturday. Loving it so far. Had a Droid2 prior and it was a great phone with minor issues. So far I only have one problem with this one. I can't get it to connect via USB. I downloaded the Motorola Device Manager and it pops right up when I plug in the old Droid2 but neither the computer, the device manager, nor the Razr do anything when I plug in the M.

Anyone else seen this?

OP
P

phenrichs

Reaction score
All I really want is to be able for it to charge while I am sitting at my desk at work.

josh.lop6

Reaction score
Are you using the moto cord that came with it. Motorola's phones have always been picky about it.

josh.lop6

Reaction score
Check USB debugging and allow mock locations in development settings. Try that.

ScottyChocolate

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem, right down to having a Droid 2 before this. I have tried both cords (Droid 2 and Droid RAZR M) everything is the same for both cords. I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8. When I connect to my Mac with USB I know it recognizes the connection because it does charge the phone and it also launches (the very crappy) Backup Assistant Pro. I have turned on 'USB debugging' and 'Allow mock locations'. I have done my best to remove all remnants of BAP on my Mac. When I plug in my phone, a task bar icon appears that gives me the option 'When device connects' to either 'Launch Backup Assistant Plus' or 'Do Nothing'. I have tried to connect as 'Mass Storage' 'Media Device' and 'Camera'. I just want the phone to get mounted as a USB device so I can easily transfer media between my phone and my Mac. This was not an issue with my Droid 2. Is Backup Assistant Pro throwing a wrench in the works before my Mac can properly mount it? Verizon store employee and Verizon tech support employee proved completely useless and simply told me to go ask Motorola.