Problems Setting Up Corporate E-Mail

jameskuzman

Reaction score
I just got a new Droid 2 Global and I'm having difficulty setting up my work e-mail account.

Everything I've read about this so far implies that there will be space to enter a server name during the setup, but I'm not getting that opportunity.

All I have for input fields are "E-Mail address," "Password," "Domain," and "Username."

Anyone else running into this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim

Reaction score
So if you do this: home screen/menu/settings/accounts/add account/corporate sync you don't get this screen?

aefc9790-e0fd-5c4e.jpg

OP
J

jameskuzman

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, Captain.

I do not get that screen when I follow those steps. I get one that looks like this:

I'm guessing that's not what I should see :) At first I thought that the server field might be on a subsequent screen, but when I tap "Next" it tries to authenticate the account. I have no idea how it expects to do so if I haven't provided a server, though...

Thoughts welcome!

Jim

R Droid

Reaction score
After it first tries to auth. and can't, it will come back with the field asking for the server name.
I've set up 12 D2G without issue so far. They all sync to our corp. email.

OP
J

jameskuzman

Reaction score
Hi R Droid -

When I fill out the available fields and click "Next" I get the "Adding your corporate sync account" message with a progress bar that never budges. It times out in less than a minute and gives me this message: "Error. Login to the account failed, please try again" with an "OK" button.

I'm never given an opportunity to input the server name...

droidmachine

Reaction score
Hi R Droid -

When I fill out the available fields and click "Next" I get the "Adding your corporate sync account" message with a progress bar that never budges. It times out in less than a minute and gives me this message: "Error. Login to the account failed, please try again" with an "OK" button.

I'm never given an opportunity to input the server name...
Was this ever resolved? i'm stuck at the same step. all the info i type in is correct, and i never get to a screen where i can select the server

trekuhl

Reaction score
in my experience setting up a couple so far, I had to hit the menu button to show an option for "setup manually" which added the field for servername.