Problems Re-Activating Moto Droid After Reset

SkoalEdge

Reaction score
I just did a factory reset on my Motorola Droid after installing froyo. When I get to the activation screen, I hit 1 to reactivate phone. Automated voice says please hold while we gather some information. Then it temporarily goes silent before saying we cannot access your information at this time. 800 number given is not open until 6AM. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Am I doing something wrong when trying to reactivate my phone?

Thanks!

harrellj

Reaction score
Try the corner trick when the activation screen first comes up (upper left, upper right, bottom right, bottom left). When you launch the market, you'll be prompted to enter your account info.

OP
S

SkoalEdge

Reaction score
I have no problem getting to the phone because there was an option to skip activation. It also let me connect my wifi to sync with google. I do not get any prompt to enter account info at the market.

Only issue is that i cant activate the phone to receive calls/text. Automated message keeps telling me to try again later

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens late at night occasionally. I'm in the same boat as you right now. You're going to have to wait until their activation system is back up. I try and never do a reset after midnight any more... obviously tonight I ignored that lesson. :)

OP
S

SkoalEdge

Reaction score
Thanks yea this is the first time I've done a reset. I was just hoping it wasn't an issue that I reset the phone after manually installing froyo. No big deal ill just wait till tomorrow to activate everything else works fine on my droid.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're still up, it appears to be up again - mine was just able to activate.

OP
S

SkoalEdge

Reaction score
Thanks I was just able to activate. Very simple.

Thanks again.