Problems linking email???

cicima6709

Reaction score
I posted this on the Incredible forum, but wasnt able to get much help, so i thought i would try here.

I just got the Droid Incredible, and am having trouble linking my hotmail account to it. I have read everything i have to do, and after i click on Exchange Active Sync, and put in all my information, i click next, and it tells me to pick between mail/contacts/calendar. After i pick, i click finish setup, but i get an error message. Anyone know why this is?

Should i just do it through Other(Pop3/IMAP) instead of exchange active sync? Is there a difference?

Thanks for your help guys

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the Incredible forum, but wasnt able to get much help, so i thought i would try here.
You might have better luck since it's not really Incredible-specific.

I just got the Droid Incredible, and am having trouble linking my hotmail account to it. I have read everything i have to do, and after i click on Exchange Active Sync, and put in all my information, i click next, and it tells me to pick between mail/contacts/calendar. After i pick, i click finish setup, but i get an error message. Anyone know why this is?
Posting the settings you're using or at least a link to whatever you're referencing would help as would the details of the error message. What app are you using? Have you tried any others?

Should i just do it through Other(Pop3/IMAP) instead of exchange active sync? Is there a difference?
Yup. Depends on your goal. Is IMAP even an option for Hotmail? If you want push then POP isn't a suitable solution.

OP
C

cicima6709

Reaction score
I havent downloaded any apps yet, im just using the basic email app. I click on the Mail app, and it asks me for sync or pop3. I clicked sync. It then asks me for my email and password. I typed it in, and have tried clicking both NEXT and Manual Set-up.

Either way, it takes you to a screen and asks for domain/username/etc. I have found in an earlier thread that you are supposed to put in your email, and then for server use m.hotmail.com. I have done this (and also tried every other variation possible). I also checked the thing about an encrypted SSL connection. After i fill this in, it says verifying, and takes me to the next screen. There it asks me if i would like to sync Mail, Contacts, and/or Calendar. I select just mail (though i have tried selecting all also), and then it says it is verifying again.

Lastly, i get an error. It says...

ERROR

Failed to create the account.
Please try again later.

I have been trying for two days, and seems everytime i get this error. Any idea why?

OP
C

cicima6709

Reaction score
Anything guys? Any help would be really appreciated...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try K-9 Mail and see if that helps

DroidForums Junkie!!