Problem with getting my work email

unarmedmaster

Reaction score
Im kinda a newb when it comes to this sort of thing sadly. My work does email through 2003 exchange and i was wondering how i would go about setting that up on the droid. Ive been looking a bit and am a bit confused on whether its POP3 or IMAP or even exchange account.. i have tried all three but it has not worked.. tyvm for the help in advance

IamReady

Reaction score
Im kinda a newb when it comes to this sort of thing sadly. My work does email through 2003 exchange and i was wondering how i would go about setting that up on the droid. Ive been looking a bit and am a bit confused on whether its POP3 or IMAP or even exchange account.. i have tried all three but it has not worked.. tyvm for the help in advance

You will need to know the server domain, possible the server address, your user name, and password. It will be the exchange account you need to select and if you have the other information, it should work.

Do you know if they already have the exchange server set up to push mail? Does your company already use Windows Mobile smartphones and get their email through exchange push?

OP
U

unarmedmaster

Reaction score
I emailed my boss asking him if the exchange server was set up to push and he emailed me back saying exchange does not push

IamReady

Reaction score
I emailed my boss asking him if the exchange server was set up to push and he emailed me back saying exchange does not push

Exchange can be set-up to push email... just sounds like yours is not set-up.

Sorry, but until exchange is set-up to push you will not be able to get your email from it OTA.

fegriffith

Reaction score
Actually I found a third party app that not only pulled my mail over, it was able to pull my calendar (though only for the current day), my contacts AND my memos. I was impressed with it and the developer is VERY responsive. I was unable to get my account set up via Android's built in capability even having all the needed information, so I'm pretty sure my company does not have ActiveSync activated.

The company that made the program I'm referring to is Moonrug Mobile. I found it in the Market but they also have a site, Moonrug Mobile | Android Exchange Application

ITPDA

Reaction score
For those of you wanting to sync your droid to your exchange server without compromising security features. Goodlink will have your solution ready by end of November.