Problems connecting droid to PC

CDAWG

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to the whole droid scene as well (I was an Iphone guy for a while but figured i'd give droid a try). Anyways, I've been trying to connect my droid DNA to my PC so I can transfer some music. However, when I plug my DNA into my PC, I can charge it and view the files and whatnot, but nothing else. I saw that your droid should give you the prompt to "connect to PC" or "mount" or something once you plug it in. I've tried looking for the option on my phone everywhere but I can't seem to find it. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. Any and all advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Welcome and congrats on the new phone. I just got mine last Thursday and ran into the exact issue. You have to download the HTC Sync Manager from their site.
Here is the link:

HTC Sync Manager download

Follow the on directions Titled Syncing your media and data with HTC Sync Manager (pages 159 - 171 in the online manual) You can create playlists, etc in the Sync Manager or just use it to transfer all your media to the computer and then to phone. This is what i did. Onec in my phone, I created my own lists. It will even work for ringtones. I found that I had to place ringtones and notification sounds from my old phone in the exact folders for My DNA to recognize them. Eg; If I wanted a notify sound to be used for both a ringtone and notification on my DNA, I had to transfer that sound/file to BOTH the Ringtone and Notification folders of my DNA.

Let me know how it worked out.

Good Luck

OP
CDAWG

CDAWG

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. The only problem is that I already had sync manager downloaded. I synced all my music to the sync manager already, but I can't transfer it to my phone for the reason I listed in the original post.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Sorry, thought I had your answer. I don't recall receiving a prompt either. I'm at work but I will sync again when I get home in the morning and let you know if I get a prompt on screen.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Alright, I have no idea what happened. I connected again this morning...exactly the way the manual I printed out said and I could not sync with the Manager either. The manual states that one should just have to click on a photo/music/playlist... and then click on "SEND TO PHONE" -- I did not get this prompt. I was able to sync through my windows media player. I had originally tried to do that before I downloaded the HTC Sync Manager and was unable.

OP
CDAWG

CDAWG

Reaction score
Actually I just managed to sync all my music via windows media player as well. Still no prompt though, but I guess its not that important anymore lol. Thanks for the replies.