Problem with syncing phone with computer

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Where I live, high speed Internet ain't available. When I hook phone up to computer it says need Internet connection to proceed. I tried with USB debugging on and off, I get the same results. Is there any way I can get it to work without having Internet?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
What are you wanting to sync? Are you wanting to sync over wifi or stick with USB syncing?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is this the first time you've tried to connect the device to the computer? Because, if so, it's likely that it wants you to download the drivers for the phone, which you need to be able to do anything...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The phone should install the drivers on the first connection. Since this is in the S4 section, installing Samsung Kies on the PC will do the same.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The phone should install the drivers on the first connection. Since this is in the S4 section, installing Samsung Kies on the PC will do the same.
Good call. Couldn't remember how that worked. I've always had mine connected to the internet when I plugged the phone in.

Can't figure out what would want a connection other than updated drivers though...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maybe the OP will be able to give us some more details.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
When you say you don't have "high speed" Internet does that mean you don't have any Internet or a way to get a network in house? It is possible to create a local network without Internet. If you have any Internet at all you have quite a few other WiFi options that would allow you to do file transfers locally. No cloud required.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
When you say you don't have "high speed" Internet does that mean you don't have any Internet or a way to get a network in house? It is possible to create a local network without Internet. If you have any Internet at all you have quite a few other WiFi options that would allow you to do file transfers locally. No cloud required.
The only Internet offered here is dail-up. And my PC is running Windows XP. When I hook the phone up to PC and go to Computer, in tha drives on it, it's not showing anything at all. I had to take my SD card out of phone to place music on it. Is there any way to install drivers manually. Do I have to have drivers on PC to use Odin?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Is there any way to install drivers manually. Do I have to have drivers on PC to use Odin?

As far as manually installing the driver: you could side load the driver onto your sd card from another pc and then install it onto your pc that way. (If you have an external card reader or one built into your pc)
Yes, you need the driver in order to use Odin.

S5 tap'n

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
As far as manually installing the driver: you could side load the driver onto your sd card from another pc and then install it onto your pc that way. (If you have an external card reader or one built into your pc)
Yes, you need the driver in order to use Odin.

S5 tap'n
Where do I get the drivers at?