Problem with Recovery and Touch Screen after hboot update

alcoholikpenguin

Reaction score
Hey. So I've been a rooted D1 user for a while and just upgraded to DI after a charging port mishap and rooted within hours. I had been rocking Cyanogen mod and rooted with unrevoked no problem.

recently I wanted to check out the Virtuous ROM and so I tried getting it from Rom Manager and the message popped up that I needed hboot .92 and I had no idea if I did or didn't have this, so I googled it and found a link to the file somewhere then went into bootloader and loaded it up with apparently no problem.

When I rebooted, however, I could not use my touch screen (can navigate the reboot menu with the track ball) and my recovery is destroyed now (black window, white bars, etc.)

So I'm kinda freaked out, and would like some help. I don't want to make another dumb mistake again, so I'm avoiding flashing anything in bootloader without guidance. Also, I'm SLCD. Any help is hugely appreciated. Thanks.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems the hboot you used had a old version in recovery in it. So lets try and get your touch events back. Try another version on the .92 hboot. Find that here http://dougpiston.com/?page_id=77

Once that's done and touch screen works go into rom manager and select flash recovery to fix the recovery screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
A

alcoholikpenguin

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

Tried installing that in the same way. Used .92, renamed the file, put it in the root of my SD card, loaded up bootloader and let it do its thing. Then reboot and it's still not functioning.

Also there are odd glitchy looking occurrences occasionally (like on my battery notification).

At this point, I can't imagine the hardware is actually busted, so I'd be willing to just go back to a complete reset if that's possible.

Again, thanks for all the help.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok then. http://dougpiston.com/?p=7

Nevermind the s-off portion of the post. Just use the pb31img. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
A

alcoholikpenguin

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to see that boot animation...

Everything is working like a charm now. Thanks so much. I'll worry about rerooting it later. I'm just glad to be able to make calls at this point.

I'm going to keep that file in a very obvious place on my computer too, in case I ever **** everything up again.

Thanks again. You were an "Incredible" Help. :D

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to see that boot animation...

Everything is working like a charm now. Thanks so much. I'll worry about rerooting it later. I'm just glad to be able to make calls at this point.

I'm going to keep that file in a very obvious place on my computer too, in case I ever **** everything up again.

Thanks again. You were an "Incredible" Help. :D

Re-rooting is ridiculously easy. Just need to get a recovery thats flashable through hboot. You'll see that on my site as well.

After you flash the recovery you can then flash any rom you'd like again with root in it so your "root apps" will work again. :)

missjamie

Reaction score
I installed Shadow Rom and I think it's my favorite so far. There are so many features that I just love. I only have a problem with the GPS. It will not work. Any suggestions?