Messed up big time, need help

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Well, I think I made a rookie mistake.

I rooted my Incredible using unRevoked 3.22 and everything went fine. I have the sLCD version so I also installed that recovery.img file as well.

Well, I downloaded Rom Manager from the market and reflashed the recovery through Rom Manager, which now makes my phone display that black with white bars that the recovery.img was suppose to fix.

Well, that's not the truly bad part, I tried to install a Slayher kernel on my stock rooted Incredible and I got stuck on the boot logo screen.

So, I held down the power+volume down to get to HBOOT and then to Recovery, but since I no longer have the correct recovery.img, all I see is the black with white bars so now I can't navigate to my nandroid backup and do a recovery.

I'm totally stuck and it's like I'm just poking around in the dark.

Please help.

OP
The_Other_Ray

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I don't know how since I can't see anything on my screen except the black and white bars.

Well, I just tried to get into Hboot and it won't even do that anymore. It just goes to the black and white bars and sits there.

OP
The_Other_Ray

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Is there some kind of computer program that allows me to do a recovery from my computer?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull the battery and boot back up using vol- and power.

happybob

Reaction score
Please, I also have the same sort of situation and i need help. I used unrevoked 3 today to root my phone and decided to try to add the gingerbread keyboard so i dl'd the .zip directly to my phone and opened it in rom manager, saved the current config, then proceeded with the installation, once my phone turned on i experienced the same thing black screen with white bars on the side... someone please help!