Guide Root your Incredible (AMOLED & SLCD Support!)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HELP!!! I just tried again, following the instructions on how to update the drivers for the DI. However, I keep getting the same -- Windows was unable to locate a driver for this device.

I have downloaded to a Download folder under My Documents on Win2k box.

I pick out the android_winusb.inf and give OK, but no find driver.

What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be appreciated....:)

Are you using the tutorial linked in my signature or the guide in this thread?

rjs987

Reaction score

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wanted to say i have never rooted this phone before. I own a Droid X rooted currently running apex 1.4. My Girlfriend has an incredible and i said i would look into rooting it for her.

How long has she had the phone? Did she buy it from Verizon or a third party? Rather curious that she never got Froyo.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're going to need to be on 2.2. You can manually upgrade but first I'd call Verizon and see if they can push the update to you. There's no reason she shouldn't have gotten the update if her phone is working properly.

rjs987

Reaction score
Ok il call verizon wont get to it till the weekend. I was doing some research and it seems I missed the may update as my software build is 650.0 and not 650.2. I am glad I did not try rooting. Thanks

rjs987

Reaction score
Verizon did not know why phone could not get an update and they are sending me a "like new" certified. So i am waiting on that to come in was kinda upset they did not give me a new one at the store. I do have a question is AMOLED or SLCD better than the other? Well when the phone gets here im going to try and root it. Hope it is as easy as rooting the Droid X (z4root ftw!)

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon did not know why phone could not get an update and they are sending me a "like new" certified. So i am waiting on that to come in was kinda upset they did not give me a new one at the store. I do have a question is AMOLED or SLCD better than the other? Well when the phone gets here im going to try and root it. Hope it is as easy as rooting the Droid X (z4root ftw!)

This thread is not up-to-date, issue with SLCD is no longer a concern. When you are ready to root, be sure to follow instructions in this tutorial, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html.