Problem with new 4.2 upgrade !

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I thought everything went well with my new upgrade to 4.2 everything worked as advertised BUT I can't seem to download/update any apps from the Play Store. My Direct TV, Yahoo finance, Compass etc will not re-load or receive any new updates.

I always get the same error

" Application can not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retreieving information from server.{RPC:S-5:AEC-0}"

Any ideas??

All existing apps work OK, it's just when I try to update or get a new app.

Ron W.

Reaction score
welcome to google fragmentation! most phones are still 4-5 versions back, app makers can't keep up with google's frequent updating. even their own app store app has issues.

jetman

Reaction score
mine has done this a couple times before the update and I'm sure this will fix it to.

Go to Settings:
under Accounts touch "Google"
touch on your gmail account
then settings (3 vertical dots in upper right hand corner)
Remove account
then after confirming remove
re-enter your Gmail account and password.... you should be good to go

OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Jetman,

Worked like a charm:hail:

Thanks

Ron W.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
This fix worked for me too. As I was searching I had the feeling I had to do something like this, and then I saw this and did the face palm. Thanks for the reminder!! Loving 4.2.2 so far!

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I did the trick to force it. Go to apps>all and find Google Services Framework. Clear cache, clear data, then force stop. Then manually check for the update. Sometimes it takes a few tries... on the last update I got it to work by doing what I said before but also rebooting the phone. Good luck

Geekkk

Reaction score
I did the trick to force it. Go to apps>all and find Google Services Framework. Clear cache, clear data, then force stop. Then manually check for the update. Sometimes it takes a few tries... on the last update I got it to work by doing what I said before but also rebooting the phone. Good luck

Thanks for the trick, Wookie :)

Also, I found some information about the update of android on Xamb tech blog. There are news about Jelly Bean update of 4.2.2 android. :biggrin:

darkodroid

Reaction score

That's what I had to do to get the update also otherwise I'm sure I would still be waiting Annnnnd waiting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

lyeileen

Reaction score
I saw a post said it not the time to update for some issues.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
With 4.2.2, my battery life has gotten worse. I have also lost the ability to voicedial in my car. Tells me the dialing has failed. I can manually dial using the 7" MyTouch Infotainment screen, but that kind of defeats the purpose of hands free calling, now doesn't it? I doubt this will be fixed before I'll be able to upgrade to a different phone.