Problem with Navigation update

Wrx-man

Reaction score
Ever since I downloaded the new "maps" update When i click the navigation button it goes directly to the wireless settings area. Even if I have all 3 gps settings clicked it just goes directly to the settings. It wont even load up, or ask me. I have to un click all 3 and turn the phone off and back on then only will it go into the nav but it askes me to turn on the gps. Then again the nav goes into the cycle where it goes directly to the wireless setting.

I uninstalled the update and the nav works perfect.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix ?

OP
W

Wrx-man

Reaction score
There was a google maps update under my downloads in the market. I downloaded it had the problems. unistall no more problems.
Also im not rooted and 2.1 update 1

McBain01

Reaction score
yes, it has been noted before that the new 'maps' update does not play well with navigation. You have to remove the update like you did and hope they fix the update soon

CRStorey

Reaction score
Not sure if my experience is the same problem but… When I tap the bubble icon on one of my contacts addresses, it takes me directly to MAPS and marks that location on the map (so far so good). With the map displayed, pressing the menu button brings up options to search, directions, clear map, and etc. Selecting direction only give me the option to type in starting and ending locations to navigate. There is NO OPTION to go into navigate mod without having to go through another set of steps to go back into the address book. This is beyond inconvenient. Is there any way to select an address in the phones contact list and have it go directly into navigate mode?