Problem with Live Wallpapers

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mine has been running excellent BUT now since I updated Handcent (yesterday) I'm seeing this issue as well.

Happened 2x today......

armeddroid

Reaction score
I am only seeing it with Handcent's Quick Reply Box. Everytime i get a QRB, when i start to type, poof...there goes my live wallpaper back to my previous NON LWP.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here knows how to submit a comment on the apps we download from the market? I always read the comments before I download anything from there and would like to post my own feedback on some of the apps that I have downloaded.

Go to the Market and select Downloads. Select the app you wish to comment on. Rate it by tapping the stars and post a comment by tapping the "post a comment" on the screen.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
Mine has been running excellent BUT now since I updated Handcent (yesterday) I'm seeing this issue as well.

Happened 2x today......

I am only seeing it with Handcent's Quick Reply Box. Everytime i get a QRB, when i start to type, poof...there goes my live wallpaper back to my previous NON LWP.

i've been having the same issue as well. i just thought it was becuase i was using handcent.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Happened 2x today......

i've been having the same issue as well. i just thought it was becuase i was using handcent.
good to know...thanks J*Bishop

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
anybody contact the Developer yet and let him/her know that it was working fine before the update?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok this MAY solve the problem with live walls changing up. it has worked for me.

I got an email from the developer. Go into the settings of handcent and turn off blur background. It seems like the update will put a check mark in there and it causes the LWP to revert back to stock.

Give it a shot. It's been working for me.

"settings"->"pop up settings"->"blur background" UNCHECK

Reaction score
I'll give that a try with handcent thanks.

Just remembered that yesterday evening/night there was an update to handcent from the market - wonder if that was in there?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, was going to let you guys know I don't have that issue, SMS popular, helix, and stock 2.1, but it appears you guys have nailed it...

erikeve

Reaction score
I don't have handcent but my living wallpapers keep defaulting back to the original. Very frustrating.

Jimn

Reaction score
I have had the same issues with Live Wallpapers. As I am doing a Quick Text reply, my phone freezes momentarily and the wallpaper reverts back to the non-live one that was previously on the phone. I have tried switching from handcent to the stock messaging. I have removed and re-installed the battery. I have uninstalled my anti-virus just to see if that worked. Finally I followed the advise above and unchecked my pop up settings. NOTHING WORKED. Getting frustrated. Any suggestions???

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
Same issue here, but I don't run any of the apps previously mentioned. Nor do I text that much. Also using the Moto home screen. But each of the live wallpapers I've tried will, on their own, revert back to my non-live background picture I use. I guess I'll try that next. Remove the image and go back to the stock black background, then try to see if Live wallpapers work. If it is a conflicting app problem I don't think it's any of the ones previously mentioned in this thread.

tennisgal

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem but I never put 2 and 2 together until reading this post. From time to time, I've noticed that my live wallpaper isn't there anymore and its reverted back to my old one prior to 2.1 update. Also, in replying in the quick text box in Handcent, I've had it freeze up for a second where it doesn't display what I type but I guess I never noticed that the wallpaper switched at that point. So, I followed the instructions above and turned off the blur background setting. I put the phone in lock position and had a friend send me a text. When the popup came up, the background on the phone was my old wallpaper, but once I close out the pop up, the live wallpaper is still there. While kind of annoying, I'll take it over it changing the wallpaper back by itself.

mendy817

Reaction score
cereal killer, you are my savior... turned off blur background, now it works! geeenious! (i even did a factory reset a couple weeks ago because it was bugging me so much)

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Has anyone resolved this? This seems to be related to the soft keyboard when it is displayed over the home screen wallpaper. This happens for me when I do a quick reply with Handcent or if I do a search from a home screen.

Update: I am using Helix and am experiencing this issue. I just switched to dxTop to see if that changes anything.

Last edited: