Problem with haptic feedback

ritnewmedia

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forums but they seem to be well done. I'm having a problem with my fairly new droid incredible. I've had it for about a month. The problem that I'm having is with the haptic feedback. When I'm using the default HTC messages app (hasn't happened with any other apps), the haptic feedback will suddenly stop working while I'm typing a decently long message. Then, all of the home keys haptic feedback stops working too. If I lock the phone, and wait about thirty seconds, the haptic feedback starts working again all around. I haven't had this problem with the internet app or any other input, just the messages app. I have the feedback setting enabled in language and keyboard settings.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice? Thanks!

TurboDub

Reaction score
this same thing has been happening to me!! alot of people tell me to use the handcent sms app. from teh market. but idk i like the stock sms system....i cant seem to get this issue to stop either its exactly how you explained. drivign me crazy. somebody please help!! :icon_evil:

TurboDub

Reaction score
i downloaded handcent btw. tryed it and i like it, i dont really like the fact that its iphone looking with the bubbles and everything but the haptic hasnt gone out yet, and it seems to be alot more responsive and faster.

SubMatrix

Reaction score
You can change the look in the preferences. I don't use the bubbles look on mine.

Takami826

Reaction score
I'm a new Incredible owner, coming from a Moto Droid 1... I have the exact same issue and was looking for another issue to resolve but thought I'd share fwiw.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
i had the same issue with my Droid Eris. It could be an HTC thing. Was your "long text message" longer than the 140 character limit (or whatever the number is)? Do you have the most up-to-date version of Android 2.2 and HTC Sense? I personally haven't come across this issue, but then again, I use gTalk more than texts