problem with earpiece

xmguy

Reaction score
Now VZW is only offering me the Razr M, Razr Maxx and loads of Pantech phones. I told them I spent $300 for a phone and you all cant give me one of similar features and value. I honestly believe they only care if you pay your bill not if your phone works or it doesn't. Was needing the Note 2 because it offered the same size battery life and size and the HD display. That was it. Id be happy if Motorola had built a good phone earpiece. I spoke with Motorola and they were shocked, but honestly only offered to fix it not refund me.

Last edited:

shadesofthesun

Reaction score
This problem is odd. Only a few of us have it and its been with multiple replacements. What are were doing???

easchirra

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been having the same problem with the ear piece speaker. It seems to work for a couple of weeks and the sound quality slowly deteriorates until I am left with none. I purchased this brand new, about 6 months ago, and just received my 6th replacement. I contacted Motorola to express my displeasure, and to see what they could do for me, after the third replacement through Verizon. They told me they would would fix the phone for me but it would take about 2 weeks with shipping time. I don't have a phone I can replace on this line for that amount of time so I just keep getting "like new" replacements from Verizon. I tried staying in contact with Motorola but they close a case after 24 hours if you don't contact them, and i don't have the time to email Motorola every day. I have tried every possible way to prevent this, from otter-boxes to no cases, to different versions of software, to different sim and sd cards, to leaving it sitting on my dresser except when I talk on it. I really enjoy this phone when it works, but no one at Verizon or Motorola want to work with me to get this corrected. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone would be helpful.

MTLNY

Reaction score
Yup, me too. After purchasing it 3 weeks ago......ear piece sounds like a blown speaker. Replacement on its way. I hope that's it!

gottcha

Reaction score
My razr hd started this a few weeks ago:-(
I can only use the speaker phone due to not being able the hear anyone through the ear piece.
Seems like it happened after the last update.

shadesofthesun

Reaction score
I got my fourth replacement earlier this month. Same problem each time with the earpiece. My original date of purchase was Oct 2012.
Sure glad I have the insurance.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Posted about this at xda... No replies. Got my MAXX hd new in March. While my ear piece issue isn't so severe I have to solely use speakerphone, it is very annoying. It makes everything sound robotic. The only solution I've found is keeping the volume down as low as possible and blowing into the earpiece daily.