TiKL Talk-To-Touch, Walkie Talkie made simple: An Android App Review

Mulciber

Reaction score
A buddy and I use this all the time and it works great. I live in Atlanta he lives in North New Jersey. Also use it with my wife and it works great too. Now with the DnD it's even better!

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i have to say that this app is amazing. I feel like i should be telling everybody that i know about it bc it is sooo cool. I mean , we can use our android phones as a nextel. ONly thing that i would reccomend for the future of this app would be for it to be compatible with iphones, i have some friends that have iphones and it would be nice to be able to talk to them. I talked to my friend in atlanta and i live in virginia , and it was super clear and i was amazed. Everyone should at least try this app out, and plus, its freeeee

diverbelow

Reaction score
Just installed this app, and email my android friends, family and wife to install this app. Will post later with my findings.

UPDATE:
After couple of days of using TiKL between my wife and I, we both love it. There are couple of things I hope they add.
1. Be able to add/edit/delete your favorite list and lists
2. From the main screen be able to change your status

Tonight, will try to see if bluetooth headset works with this app.

Jer

Reaction score
I installed it and played with it for a bit and think I will uninstall it. Everyone that I talk to that I would use this with has unlimited text and/or Verizon with unlimited V2V so I couldn't think of a time when this would come in handy. I like the idea and aside from a few upgrades and options that should be added to it is executed well. Just not for me I guess.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Nice App

This APP is great, My wife and I use it all the time, for short messages. Example. If I'm driving home, she doesn't want to "call" me to tell me to get milk, texting while driving is not only illegal is most states, but dangerous. Now she can "chirp" me, and tell me to get milk.

I did notice one thing, that would be nice to have is that while it works on my Bluetooth Stereo Headset, it doesn't work on my regular ear piece. I'd imagine its because its sound is pushed thru as "media" would be, and music and video sound doesn't go thru my normal ear piece either. I think they should let you switch it in the settings, or add as a feature.

It wouldn't hurt to sauce up the UI a bit too... Kinda outdated but hey, Its better to get something working great, then make it look great, then the other way around. dancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
me and a couple of my friends just discovered it today.

very cool app. me and another friend used to have walkie talkies for fun, but those broke and only had a 2 mile reception. He lives like 15miles from me and this works even better :bowdown:

Jer

Reaction score
me and a couple of my friends just discovered it today.

very cool app. me and another friend used to have walkie talkies for fun, but those broke and only had a 2 mile reception. He lives like 15miles from me and this works even better :bowdown:

Sure, it works better 15mi away from each other so long as you both have reception but good luck getting them to work 15' from each other if you're in the woods or camping or something and one or both of you doesn't have data coverage.

Zargon

Reaction score
Just found out about this app. It works great so far.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish google would add this feature to google voice.

This app is cool, but they need to work out the kinks and perhaps upgrade their servers. My girlfriend and I have been using it for just a couple days and it is pretty flakey. Just now my girlfriend said I "sound like a monster". She, however, was coming in crystal clear.

I think I saw a few other walkie-talkie apps on the market. I think some of them use bluetooth, though, so you have to be near the other person. Anyone know of any other apps like this that are more solid?

LT*

Reaction score
I've been using this app for a while, and most of the time it works great. I've had so instances of garbled messages, but nothing major. It says in the OP that it will work over wifi. I've found no way to make it work unless on 3g. Anyone have success with wifi?

Mistah

Reaction score
i work for the railroad, and a bunch of my co-workers have droids, we use this app all the time and it works great usually, sometimes you might get a muffled reply but its not very often.

TBorden

Reaction score
Push to talk app

My family all have Drrroid and I have the IPhone and we use the heytell app with push to talk and it works great
between the 2 phones