Problem with Battery Status-Free update

ctedgeman

Reaction score
I just downloaded the new update for this app. After not using my phone for a few hours, I noticed that the battery status notification in the bar on top wasn't there. So I figured I had to go into the app and re-add it. But the box to show the battery status in the bar was already checked, so I unchecked it and re-checked it and exited the app. As soon as I did that my phone re-booted.

Now my phone keeps re-booting. I can't go back into the app and turn it off because I can't even get that far. As soon as the phone boots up and tries to load the battery status indicator in the top bar it re-boots. I literally can't do anything with the phone. Any ideas? I don't even know how to contact the developer cause I can't get to the market.

ember

Reaction score
Same Problem!

I have the exact same problem! I'm relieved to know that my hunch about it being caused by Battery Status-Free was right, but I haven't figured out any way to uninstall or stop the app before the phone resets. This is unbelievably frustrating.

Please tell me you've had some luck fixing yours.

Draklo

Reaction score
I was starting to figure it had something to do with that damn app. I went in to do an internal update outside the market for the app for the skins or w/e and checked to have it at the top and thats when it started to re-boot on me over n over again.

I"m goin to the verizon store today to see if theres somethin they can do. If they end up doing another factory reset or somethin fancy I'll come back n post.

glenn

Reaction score
I was starting to figure it had something to do with that damn app. I went in to do an internal update outside the market for the app for the skins or w/e and checked to have it at the top and thats when it started to re-boot on me over n over again.

I"m goin to the verizon store today to see if theres somethin they can do. If they end up doing another factory reset or somethin fancy I'll come back n post.

Same thing here !! I did a factory reset an reloaded everthing.
Everntually went to Verizon store, they will send a replacement, due to arrive today. I removed Battery Status and the problem is gone (knock on wood).

Draklo

Reaction score
Found a solution.

After a factory reset and your able to get into your phone goto the Droid marketplace and get into your downloads. Once in there go to the battery status and stop the install. Once you get that done you shouldn't have anymore problems!

But if you wanted keep at it and see if Verizon will give you an upgraded phone like Droid 2 ;)