Update to 2.0.1 - Error status 7

psufan5

Reaction score
Hello.

I am trying to install the base 2.0.1 image from Verizon to my droid. When I boot into recovery, I get this error status 7 message, and it fails. I have tried searching everywhere for a solution but to no avail. The file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip which was supposedly the fix. I have tried a factory restore and cache reset, with the same results.

My phone is "rooted" but I am trying to re-image back to stock. I did this successfully once before, but now I am getting this error.

Any thoughts/remedies? Thanks.

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you a new DROID user? have you never updated your phone? what version/firmware does your DROID say that you're on?

OP
P

psufan5

Reaction score
I am currently ON 2.0.1. I am basically trying to unroot the phone and go back to normal. I did this once before, but now its not working. I basically want to start from scratch, make a recovery image etc... then try 2.1. But I cant get it to go back to a base 2.0.1.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Reaction score
This should be in the Droid Hacks forum and is not related to updating to 2.0.1.

OP
P

psufan5

Reaction score
This should be in the Droid Hacks forum and is not related to updating to 2.0.1.

Well sorry about that. Figured troubleshooting was for anything you were having trouble with.

Do you know of any solution?