Problem with audio jack.

91jolson

Reaction score
Hi,
For the past month or so, my I have been having severe sound disruption (cutting off completely,cutting off one side of headset, ignoring headset completely and playing through the speakers). The 3.5mm jack is clean as far as I can tell, and I have tried several sets of headphones (iPod,Walmart, AUX cord for my car, and even the earbuds that came with my friends droid), so I'm pretty sure its the droid itself. The speakers work fine, so I don't think its a software problem (using Redrum Chaos 1.3 btw(happened on cyanogen/blackdroid anyways)). However, I noticed that when I disconnect my headphones, they seem to pull the black plastic that is actually attached the metal "audio contacts" (don't know what else to call them lol) out of the jack a little bit. If I move the headphone wire in the wrong way, the sounds cuts off.

Anyone else have this problem? I've had the Droid since it came out and I'm curious if the warranty would replace it. I don't want to have run the droid over to use insurance to get a new one if I can help it.

Also, I'm assuming I should unroot/factory reset prior to taking it in to Verizon right?

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this novel of a post lol. :)

Neverhavemoney

Reaction score
Hey 91jolson,
I know i'm a noob here, but trust me, im good with this stuff. It has 100% nothing to do with anything but the jack on your phone. It is poor construction on Motorola's part. I have the same exact problem, mostly when im driving and somehting bumbs my connection. It will wiggle the whole jack, and the audio auto-pauses. I have been to busy, but I will be going to Verizon as soon as i can, and will be requesting a new phone or for them to fix this one.

I recommend you do the same, or the problem will only get worse.

Have a good one mate,
Ben

teamhonda_69

Reaction score
I have the same problem..use my droid as media player and the jack feels worn out and sloppy...guess it wasn't designed for heavy use :unsure:

E

EvilWays

if u have the repair plan they will fix it, also, factory warranty should cover it. also your friends droid came with buds?!? i got jipped!