Problem trying to use HTC bluetooth stereoclip for in car calls and audio

Bacchus224

Reaction score
I currently drive a car that does not have built in bluetooth, so I have been using the Bionic car cradle with an aux cable running from the headphone jack to the aux input on the car stereo. That utilized the speakerphone mic on the phone and the stereo speakers for phone calls and the car speakers for music. I recently found out about the HTC bluetooth stereoclip. It is a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the aux jack on the stereo rather than a USB port. It does a great job with the media, however it does not carry the output for the phone calls.

When I look at the settings for both the HTC dongle and my BT earpiece (which I hate using), the dongle lists a profile of media audio and the earpiece list a profile of phone audio. Not having a clue about these things, my logic tells me that the profiles control which audio 'stream'(?) goes to which device.

So the question is, is there a way to assign a profile to a particular device?

I have been looking for and will continue to look for answers, but I am hoping someone here can help me.

jayman350

Reaction score
no you can not assign the profiles to the device, those are predefined. my S305 headphones show up with two profiles when connected to my phone, one for media audio and the other for phone audio, same thing for my Jawbone ICON, and my Samsung HS3000. I can un-check either box, say if I don't want my phone audio coming through the HS3000. But there are not any options to add another profile.

Usually, in order for the device to use phone audio it needs to have its own mic. This does not appear to be the case for the stereoclip.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Do what I did, buy a stereo with bluetooth and get carhome ultra app. Been using that forever, turn on engine and syncs automatically.

RUNNING the latest and greatest ICS 247.