Problem putting .zip files onto Nexus

satriani72

Reaction score
I have rooted my device and have clockworkmod installed using rom manager, however when I try to dump a .zip file onto the device it doesn't work. When I plug in my device a window pops up and with several options to connect the device as a media device or to open the folder to view files (which is what I click). What am I missing here?

georgepink

Reaction score
on one of my computers, if my phone goes to sleep before it gets fully recognized, I have to wake the phone, then it will show me my phone's contents. see if that helps. Also, I have my phone set to only dim the display when it's plugged in.

OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
I can see the folders that are on the device (alarms, ringtones etc.) is this the correct spot? When i drag and drop the .zip file it just doesn't show up.

OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
I also tried to add music to my music folder and the file looks like it is added on my PC, but when I try to play it no music shows up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

georgepink

Reaction score
hmmm, that seems odd, if you can create a folder then nothing is stopping you rights wise from adding files. I'm assuming you are just clicking and dragging, what happens if you (if you are using a windows pc) select some files, then right click and choose copy, then right click in your phones window (where you see files for your phone) and click paste

OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
Tried to copy and still nothing. I am able to see my music now that I synced with WMP, but I cant get anything onto my storage without using the sync in WMP.

Last edited:
OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
Try enabling USB debugging... it may work, and make sure that you have the right setting enabled for the USB transfer! :)

Enabled USB Debugging again and re-installed the Samsung Drivers and it works! Weird. Thanks guys.

cebosound

Reaction score
Is there a fix for this? I am having the same issue. I know I am not the only one trying to save a ROM zip file to their internal storage. Do i need to go through the browser on the phone for the zip?

wierd and very frustrating.

***Edit. I actually figured out that the Zip I was trying to copy wasnt good. I got a new mirror for the ROm and it worked fine. ...

Last edited: