Problem mounting my phone??

MelissaSue21

Reaction score
Okay so I got the Droid X for Christmas and I would like to put movies on the phone. I've searched for a long time trying to figure out how to do it and all the things I have looked at say that I must convert the movie to an mp4 so I did that. The movie is in an mp4 format and is sitting on my desktop. Then it says I must mount my phone. So I plug my phone into my computer and bring down the notifications bar and it doesn't say anything about mounting. When I bring down the notification bar 3 things appear. There is an ongoing block that has: "USB connection" and "Blank SD card" then there is a notifications block that says "Connection detected"
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've looked forever to find the "Mount" button but I can't find it anything.
If anyone could be really nice and walk me through how to put the movie on my phone I would greatly appreciate it!!
Also I go to my file manager and select "phone files" and it says my memory card is missing. It is clearly in my phone. What is wrong with this?

Suavychavy

Reaction score
I think you may need to install a driver from the manufacturers website so the phone recognizes your pc

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
Actually, click the USB connection icon in the notification bar, what does that give you then?