Problem Installing Apps after Download

Da Meach

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm having major problems with the market and I would really appreciate some help. When I download an app, the app downloads fine but I'm hanging on the install. I've had this issue with multiple roms and multiple kernals. I've tried wiping data/cache AND all partitions except SD while in clockwork recovery and installing copies of various rom's directly while in recovery, with no luck. There have been a couple rom's that have let me download and install all my apps fresh but eventually they start hanging on app install as well. To make a bad thing worse, I can't uninstall apps either. I've had this going on for awhile now and it's killing my enjoyment of my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DM

Last edited:
OP
D

Da Meach

Reaction score
I was going to try and make sure I have this disabled but I can't get terminal emulator to install. I'm not sure how to do it otherwise.

OP
D

Da Meach

Reaction score
I loaded up a BB 0.4 Nandroid back-up and set apps2sd to internal only but still not working.

Reaction score
go to settings, apps, manage apps, then click on the market, then force close the market. I had this issue and this worked for me

OP
D

Da Meach

Reaction score
go to settings, apps, manage apps, then click on the market, then force close the market. I had this issue and this worked for me

I gave this a shot but no luck. This issue also affects Tibu. I'm unable to install any app backups.

wiiman3601

Reaction score
Ok if you hand root explorer go to data/local/tmp and in there you will find apk's named "download 1, download 2...ect". Click on one and it will bring you to the install screenand then install like normal. I'm not sure why the market had problems sometimes but this is where it stored the downloaded apps before installing them. Hope this helps you out