Problem flashing SPRecovery

Joneser2006

Reaction score
What happened to me is, I had first rooted with SPR/RSD lite on stock unrooted 2.1. Put BB 0.4 ROM on, installed ROM Manager.

Couldn't boot to SPR recovery OR Rom Manager recovery. So, I uninstalled Rom Manager and still couldn't boot to recovery (holding x button) so I tried to reinstall SPR Recovery through these instructions:

How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Now I am stuck in never never land

Nevermind, found it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

dancedroid

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Glad you got it fixed. I spread myself too thin to stick around here much longer than to post in whatever threads I think I can help in, then move on and read the answers later or the next day.

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score
NO! If I understand this right, you had your phone on the unrooted, stock FRG01B and then tried using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf via RSD lite 4.6 because you thought that would gain you root access right? If this is the case, wrong as you have already found out. And at this point there is no ROM you can install as you have also found out.

What has happened to you (and for the readers) is that you tried to use a .sbf file designed for those on unrooted stock 2.1/ESE81 that would ONLY flash a custom recovery image to the phone, THE USE OF THAT FILE DOES NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE BY ITSELF AND WAS ONLY DESIGNED FOR UNROOTED STOCK PHONES ON 2.1/ESE81. What we can only hope for is that you are able to use RSD Lite for the next step as it can be tricky.

I 'think' perhaps the best way to go from here with what I have is to use a .sbf file to get you back to 2.0.1/ESD56 and try to proceed from there.

Take a look in my folder below to get the file you need.

good luck

That did it! Got the phone back to 2.1 unrooted and all is good.

Thanks for all the help.

Keebs

Reaction score
NO! If I understand this right, you had your phone on the unrooted, stock FRG01B and then tried using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf via RSD lite 4.6 because you thought that would gain you root access right? If this is the case, wrong as you have already found out. And at this point there is no ROM you can install as you have also found out.

What has happened to you (and for the readers) is that you tried to use a .sbf file designed for those on unrooted stock 2.1/ESE81 that would ONLY flash a custom recovery image to the phone, THE USE OF THAT FILE DOES NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE BY ITSELF AND WAS ONLY DESIGNED FOR UNROOTED STOCK PHONES ON 2.1/ESE81. What we can only hope for is that you are able to use RSD Lite for the next step as it can be tricky.

I 'think' perhaps the best way to go from here with what I have is to use a .sbf file to get you back to 2.0.1/ESD56 and try to proceed from there.

good luck

Thanks for all the help.

Wait what are you saying did it? A file in his directory or did you do the unroot/unbrick link someone just posted?

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score

good luck

Thanks for all the help.

Wait what are you saying did it? A file in his directory or did you do the unroot/unbrick link someone just posted?

I did this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html option 5 to return to 2.0.1 unrooted. Than I used the stock recovery to get to 2.1 unrooted.