Problem flashing SPRecovery

ksninew

Reaction score
I have a never rooted stock Droid 1 with the OTA 2.2. Because of all the problems with OTA 2.2 I tried to flash SPRevovery SBF to get back to stock 2.1.

I downloaded SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf and used RSD Lite 4.6. Now when I turn on the phone the battery indicator is red, there is no service and a "process system is not responding" message. The system info is still 2.2 and FRG01b.

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a never rooted stock Droid 1 with the OTA 2.2. Because of all the problems with OTA 2.2 I tried to flash SPRevovery SBF to get back to stock 2.1.

I downloaded SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf and used RSD Lite 4.6. Now when I turn on the phone the battery indicator is red, there is no service and a "process system is not responding" message. The system info is still 2.2 and FRG01b.

What should I do now?

Thanks.

It probably worked the SPR.sbf doesn't change anything but the recovery.
Reboot holding down the x key and see what you get, you probably need to charge the phone for a while 1st though.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
+ 1 for charging. Typically, your phone should be no less that 70% when you are rooting.

Let us know if you are successful.

Mike

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score
The battery was charged 100% when I flashed, now it indicates red even with the charger attached. Booting with the X key does bring it to SPRecovery. I rebooted again no change.

TopDroid

Reaction score
Samething happened to me!!

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Dude, The same thing just happened to me last night. Im in the process of working it. Check this link below and tell me if this is the same thing thats happening to you. I posted it earlier

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-help-factory-reset-through-settings-spr.html

Im about to do a factory reset i think.

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score
It does seem to be the same problem. In SPR I did factory reset x2 and
format cache partition x2 than reboot. It did reset 2.2 but still have all
of the same problems.

What should I do now?

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Still no luck getting the phone to work after flashing SPR. I tried factory reset but still having the same problems. Should I try installing a different ROM now? If so I'm confused on which ROM to got to from OTA 2.2?

TopDroid

Reaction score

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Still no luck getting the phone to work after flashing SPR. I tried factory reset but still having the same problems. Should I try installing a different ROM now? If so I'm confused on which ROM to got to from OTA 2.2?

Man, im still stuck trying to figure this out. I never factory reset though. My keeps going on and off and wont hold a charge so its about impossiable to do ANYTHING! Sucks!
wish i could help bro!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Do you want to go to stock unrooted 2.1 or do you want to stay rooted?

$.02, spend it as you please.

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score

What should I do now?

Thanks.

I would like to end up with rooted FRG22, but now that my phone is messed up I'm more concerned about just getting it to work again. After reading so many different threads about installing ROM's I don't know if it makes a difference which ROM I can install now since I'm on unrooted 2.2 OTA FRG01b? The only thing I have done so far is to flash SPR ESE81.

What I would like to know is which ROM can I install now or does it matter?

Thank you.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I would like to end up with rooted FRG22, but now that my phone is messed up I'm more concerned about just getting it to work again. After reading so many different threads about installing ROM's I don't know if it makes a difference which ROM I can install now since I'm on unrooted 2.2 OTA FRG01b? The only thing I have done so far is to flash SPR ESE81.

Thank you.

If you have SPR then you can install any Rom. just pick one and follow the OP's instructions, the dangerous part is over(not that it really is dangerous).

OP
K

ksninew

Reaction score

Thank you.

If you have SPR then you can install any Rom. just pick one and follow the OP's instructions, the dangerous part is over(not that it really is dangerous).

OK, can I follow these instructions to end up with FRG22?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49671-stock-2-1-2-2-froyo-step-step-installation.html

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
NO! If I understand this right, you had your phone on the unrooted, stock FRG01B and then tried using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf via RSD lite 4.6 because you thought that would gain you root access right? If this is the case, wrong as you have already found out. And at this point there is no ROM you can install as you have also found out.

What has happened to you (and for the readers) is that you tried to use a .sbf file designed for those on unrooted stock 2.1/ESE81 that would ONLY flash a custom recovery image to the phone, THE USE OF THAT FILE DOES NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE BY ITSELF AND WAS ONLY DESIGNED FOR UNROOTED STOCK PHONES ON 2.1/ESE81. What we can only hope for is that you are able to use RSD Lite for the next step as it can be tricky.

I 'think' perhaps the best way to go from here with what I have is to use a .sbf file to get you back to 2.0.1/ESD56 and try to proceed from there.

Take a look in my folder below to get the file you need.

good luck

Joneser2006

Reaction score
NO! If I understand this right, you had your phone on the unrooted, stock FRG01B and then tried using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf via RSD lite 4.6 because you thought that would gain you root access right? If this is the case, wrong as you have already found out. And at this point there is no ROM you can install as you have also found out.

What has happened to you (and for the readers) is that you tried to use a .sbf file designed for those on unrooted stock 2.1/ESE81 that would ONLY flash a custom recovery image to the phone, THE USE OF THAT FILE DOES NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE BY ITSELF AND WAS ONLY DESIGNED FOR UNROOTED STOCK PHONES ON 2.1/ESE81. What we can only hope for is that you are able to use RSD Lite for the next step as it can be tricky.

I 'think' perhaps the best way to go from here with what I have is to use a .sbf file to get you back to 2.0.1/ESD56 and try to proceed from there.

Take a look in my folder below to get the file you need.

good luck

Wow, this just happened to me, I know, a totally noob thing to do, can you walk us (me) through this? Is there a specific file in this list?

Joneser2006

Reaction score