Problem Downloading Nightlies, Help Please...

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I just switched back from LGB 0.8 to CM7 using the all in one method highlighted on page 64 of the main CM7 thread (among other places). Now I am have a bunch of strange issues including downloads stalling and canceling mid stream. I am trying to download the latest nightly, ver. 19, from the CM mirror page and I seem to get about 10% into it and it just quits every time.

Any suggestions?

C_BlazE

Reaction score
I just switched back from LGB 0.8 to CM7 using the all in one method highlighted on page 64 of the main CM7 thread (among other places). Now I am have a bunch of strange issues including downloads stalling and canceling mid stream. I am trying to download the latest nightly, ver. 19, from the CM mirror page and I seem to get about 10% into it and it just quits every time.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a radio issue. You should of had all 3 .zips or your SD card, and should of installed all 3 in a row. Download from here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

havens1515

Reaction score
Yeah, I would suggest downloading to your computer first, then transferring it to your phone. That's how I always do it.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a radio issue. You should of had all 3 .zips or your SD card, and should of installed all 3 in a row. Download from here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

That is the site I used for the downloads. Every time I try to download from there it is unsuccessful. I tried before coming to CM7 and after.

Can't figure out how to get the file from my computer to the SD card either?

havens1515

Reaction score
If you are on CM7, you will need to plug/unplug/plug the USB for it to be recognized (known issue) then once it is plugged in, there should be a notification you can click to connect it to your PC. If the notification doesn't show, go into your app drawer and look for "USB Mode." That changes the default action when the USB is plugged into a computer.

Once it is in storage mode, it shows up as a drive on your computer. You can just drag and drop the file.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
If you are on CM7, you will need to plug/unplug/plug the USB for it to be recognized (known issue) then once it is plugged in, there should be a notification you can click to connect it to your PC. If the notification doesn't show, go into your app drawer and look for "USB Mode." That changes the default action when the USB is plugged into a computer.

Once it is in storage mode, it shows up as a drive on your computer. You can just drag and drop the file.

Yeah, it wasn't showing up when I plugged in but I figured it out. I'm in the process of DL the file to the computer now, hopefully the nightly will resolve all of the issues I am having. (which is a lot)

C_BlazE

Reaction score
It will, remember wipe everything Data/Cache/Delvik. I recommend ClockworksMod's ROM Manager! The free and Donate version has a install from sd card feature which will backup, wipe, and install for you. I always flashed manually, until I used all of Rom Manager's features. And when your done check out dropbox.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
It will, remember wipe everything Data/Cache/Delvik. I recommend ClockworksMod's ROM Manager! The free and Donate version has a install from sd card feature which will backup, wipe, and install for you. I always flashed manually, until I used all of Rom Manager's features. And when your done check out dropbox.

I have ROM manager on my phone but only the free version. What is dropbox?

C_BlazE

Reaction score
I use it to move data from my computer to my phone, vise versa. But its a place to put anything and able to access it from anywhere (provided you have a data connection)

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Update:

I had to DL the nightly to my computer and drag it onto my SD card. Flashed it but it didn't help with all of the issues I was having. Eventually I bricked and had to SBF using RSD lite. Re-flashed CM7 build 19 and now everything seems to be going perfectly!

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Well, it sucks that you had to sbf again, but I'm glad it's all working now!

Unfortunately my success was short lived. Same issues as before, all highlighted in the main CM7 thread if anybody is interested...