Problem connecting to wireless network at home

mpax9

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the Droid connected to the WiFi at my home. The wireless connection doesn't seem to be the problem since my iPod Touch can connect without problems.

My phone says that it is connected to NETGEAR with "Excellent" signal strength, but when I try to go online my phone has the following error, "A network error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

Any ideas?

bsloan

Reaction score
i am having the same problem as well. I think it may be a att&t conspiracy.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I have found that with mine if I have the SSID hidden on my motorola surfboard modem that it will not connect even if I was able to get it connected with it enabled.

Once I enable SSID broadcast it works fine, weird.

drd1109

Reaction score
had the same problem with my linksys router. ipod touch and laptops connected but droid wouldnt. changed the router to wep and then everything worked fine. hope this helps.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I will stick with WPA/TKIP and running a MAC filter. It's no big deal to turn on the SSID. I will rarely use the droid on wireless at home anyway so it is not a show stopper for me at least.

Sporty

Reaction score
SSID Broadcast ON

I agree with DesktopDevin. As soon as I broadcast my SSID it connects. My DROID will disconnect the WiFi when the SSID is changed to not broadcast. I find this annoying because I don't want to broadcast my SSID at the apartment. DROID version 2.1-update1. Does anyone know if this is fixed 2.2?

Taegost

Reaction score
You should get the app WiFi Analyzer and see how crowded your channel is. I had that exact same problem, until I checked and found that the default channel for my router (6) it had over 14 different networks, and the 3 channels on either side had a total of about 20 more.
So I changed it to channel 1, which only showed 3 other connections, and I know have no issues :)
I do have SSID broadcasting already enabled and WEP, but that was previously in place.