Problem adding secondary Gmail account

pjo1966

Reaction score
I got the MAXX today and added my primary Gmail account with my domain name with no problem. I went to add my account with the Gmail domain and I get a message saying my password doesn't match the account. I know the password is correct because I am able to log in using the browser. I tried generating an application-specific password and it didn't take that either. I really need to get this squared away ASAP, so any suggestions would be welcome.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
Here's a stickie with motos info on email setup. Hope this helps?

Setting up & troubleshooting email accounts
Setting up & troubleshooting email accounts

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Unfortunately that assumes the account is set up correctly and allows you to select it from the list of accounts. Mine does not get that far. I went ahead and added the 3rd account with no problem. It just doesn't like my primary personal account. I verified the password again and it is correct.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
I had an issue with this on my X it turned out I had a space after either the user name or the pw, I can't remember which.

Hope something works for ya.

I tried again being sure I wasn't using spaces, but it didn't help.

I appreciate the suggestions... keep them coming!

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I had a similar issue trying to set up a friend's phone. (Can't remember what model phone).

It turned out that her pw to log in to her acc contained symbols. She reset her pw taking out the symbols, tried again....and it worked.

Not sure why, but it did.

Linus_

Reaction score
PJO, it sounds like you have 2-step verification set up on your account if you're creating app specific passes. Are you using Google Authenticator as well? 2 options:

- Turn off 2 step verification and it should work fine
- do a password reset and re-try

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
Linus_ said:
PJO, it sounds like you have 2-step verification set up on your account if you're creating app specific passes. Are you using Google Authenticator as well? 2 options:

- Turn off 2 step verification and it should work fine
- do a password reset and re-try

That was exactly the problem. I figured it out last night while I was on the phone with vzw tech support. She was impressed I was able to figure it out on my own. :| At least she was more helpful than the person I spoke with earlier who insisted I do a factory reset. That was a big waste of time.

wbishop63

Reaction score
That was exactly the problem. I figured it out last night while I was on the phone with vzw tech support. She was impressed I was able to figure it out on my own. :| At least she was more helpful than the person I spoke with earlier who insisted I do a factory reset. That was a big waste of time.

I am having the same issue. How did you turn off 2 step verification?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, please share! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.