Lookout Mobile Security app problem

jensor4

Reaction score
After installing Lookout Mobile Security app on my phone, I tried to log in to my lookout account and got a login failure. I then clicked on forgot password and they were supposed to email me a new password. However, I get no email from them. What do I do now to fix this problem?

jensor4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was it the trial period install? Did you use your Droid's account or another mail address?

If it was the initial trial period you could try starting from scratch. Otherwise I would send the an E-Mail.

OP
J

jensor4

Reaction score
I found the problem. For some dumb reason they automatically used my gmail account instead of my Verizon netmail account. I was able to successfully login using the gmail account.
I would expect them to give one an option of entering the email address of your choosing when you set up the account. Alas.
jensor4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Quite a few apps need to associate your user account with the device the app is installed on. It's the best way to keep track.

Glad you found it.

brian.lookout

Reaction score
I found the problem. For some dumb reason they automatically used my gmail account instead of my Verizon netmail account. I was able to successfully login using the gmail account.
I would expect them to give one an option of entering the email address of your choosing when you set up the account. Alas.
jensor4

@Jensor4, I'm sorry for the situation you found yourself in. When a user registers with our software, we pre-populate the email address field with the google email address registered on the phone but it can be edited to any email address you choose. In the past, when the field was initially blank, often email addresses were misspelled and that meant users would never get the welcome email (or any we sent) and have trouble logging in to rectify the problem. Pre-populating the field has been a great benefit for most users but there are times when it can still be tricky.

I'm glad you figured it out and it sounds like you're all set now. If you have any other questions, feel free to email us at [email protected].

Brian

bellaggio1770

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a similar problem with Lookout Mobile Security:

I need to restore contacts to my Galaxy Note 2, but it appears (looking at my lookout account), that it backed up only E-MAIL contacts????? What I need are my PHONE contacts, NOT e-mail contacts!

What have I done wrong?
Thank you.