PRO Powering down at random

adrenaline343

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with their PRO shutting off at random times....While the phone is sitting there or mid conversation. I called Tech support twice....the first time my phone shutoff mid conversation and i had to call them back.... and the second time they seriously told me to turn it off and turn it on again.

mystery252

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with their PRO shutting off at random times....While the phone is sitting there or mid conversation. I called Tech support twice....the first time my phone shutoff mid conversation and i had to call them back.... and the second time they seriously told me to turn it off and turn it on again.

Yup. Have the same problem.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

oriald

Reaction score
Same here! :(

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Luckily I haven't encountered this problem yet. Hopefully you guys are able to get it straightened out.

Stay

Reaction score
I have had my Pro for about a month and never had an issue with it turning off. That is, until last night when it woke me up with the Droid startup sound.

My phone is not rooted. It is running the latest version of the Motorola software.

macstibs

Reaction score
My phone has rebooted a number of times unexpectedly. I changed the startup sound file form .ogg to .bak so there's no sound that gives it away, but it's happened a couple of times while I was using it and the battery timer isn't always accurate (suggesting the phone reset itself).

eus107709

Reaction score
Yeeup. It seems to happen when reception is weak or when the phone is scanning for other networks to connect to. My phone rarely resets itself in the States (though it happened last night), but the problem was very apparent when i was in Europe. On a cross country train, kept hearing "Drooooooid". I stopped it from resetting itself by putting it into airplane mode..that confirmed it for me.

Hopefully they come up with a fix for it...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My just did it to me for the first time I have had it about a week. Not rooted and running latest software just heard the "Droid" sound all of a sudden while it was charging.

macstibs

Reaction score
The last time that it happened while I was using it was in Google Maps. The system slowed to a crawl and eventually shutdown/rebooted. Seemed like there was a leak or a runaway process.

macstibs

Reaction score
Just installed Tasker and configured an Auto GPS task to turn on GPS when I launch Maps. Launched Maps and BAM - Reboot.

macstibs

Reaction score
Why the SD card?

Can I copy the files and restore them after the format or are the files no good?

DansDroid

Reaction score
Formatting the microSD card will do nothing to rectify this problem ...it is not an SD card issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App