PRO Powering down at random

OP
A

adrenaline343

Reaction score
I switched it from global to CDMA and that seem to stop a little bit from rebooting so often...also helped my battery a ton...i work near the border and i think it was always trying to pick up mexican sattelites.

It's funny you mentioned the SD card....one of the guys at verizon thinks it might have something to do with electrical contacts on the phone that touches the SD card...if you look at the little metal piece theres a little tiny hole where theres a couple metal wires and they look like there out of place....if i took the SD card in and out those wires moved a bit....got a new phone on order

eus107709

Reaction score
I really don't think it's Google Maps or GPS.

How about this test? Make sure you have Google Maps 5.0, because that version has cached maps. Then turn on airplane mode, but leave GPS on. Now load up Google Maps again and play around with it. If your phone doesn't reboot under those conditions it'll verify if it's the radio. I would try it myself, but I generally have good reception. It reboots when I am traveling...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

tennvol

Reaction score
Mine did it twice. Iim taking it back to vzw for another since im in my 30 days

macstibs

Reaction score
Mine did it twice. Iim taking it back to vzw for another since im in my 30 days

May as well though I'm not sure it'll make a difference until we figure out what's causing it.

tennvol

Reaction score
Im having other issues as well with my backlight and signal suddenly dropping

tennvol

Reaction score
Had this happen again today. Went to plug the Pro into the computer via USB to charge, bang...reboot...

Happened under identical conditions yesterday except that was a Vista computer.

Shri

Reaction score
Happens to me a few times per week....

DickFoto

Reaction score
My screen goes dark. Message light blinks, but hitting the power button does nothing. Had to remove the back and take the battery out and reseat it. Unit turned back on. I'm in business. This is annoying. My wife looks at me like I did this on purpose to mess her up.

Ride

Reaction score
Update on mine: had a single reboot the day of the update, but no recurrence since then. Voice quality is definitely better.

tennvol

Reaction score
I thought for a minute it might be something related to me running Launcher Pro so I wiped the phone and used Blur, same probkem with the reboots.

Sunshine111

Reaction score
It has happened to me half a dozen times too. Always happens the same way - I lose internet connection, no 3g, can't connect to wifi. After I give up, a few minutes later the screen goes dark and I have to turn it back on. Very annoying!

Neaner

Reaction score
I had my first random reboot today, the phone was on my desk and I wasn't using it. Heard the droid sound...that's how I knew.
I updated with the system update on Sunday.

Jeanine