Printing issues. Don't have wifi and don't want to use moto print. Any help?

Tloc107

Reaction score
I want to be able to print without using a wifi connection because that is a added monthly charge I don't want. Motoprint works fine at work where there is a wifi connection but I don't have wifi at home and want to plug my hp psc 1510 printer into hdmi dock via usb but I can't seem to get it to work. Printer icon pops up on screen but it won't recognize it. I called Motorola and they said download cloud print so I did and tried that and still no luck. This stuff is usually a bit over my head. Any tips or tricks? Is this even possible? Thanks for any guidance!

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions outlined HERE to configure you PC for Cloud Print to work?

Cloud Print

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Correct.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
The problem is I don't have internet so can't use computer. I do have a laptop and also have pda net tethering but really don't want to include laptop in the mix. Maybe I just need a blue tooth or wireless printer then? Is there a way to print straight from phone with proper printer without including a computer if you don't have wifi? Do you understand what I am trying to do? Hope I am not confusing you? Thanks

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is an application called printer share that works pretty good. I use it all the time and it allows you to connect to wifi, cloud, and Bluetooth. Is a little on pricy but totally worth it. For sure you need a printer that allows to connect directly via Bluetooth.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
I called Motorola to talk about my issue and they said to try cloud print or print share. Cloud print was free so tried that first with no luck. How much is printer share and is it a one time fee or monthly? If my printer is not blue tooth would I need that or wifi? When you say printer share connects to cloud do you mean cloud print? I think I need a new blue tooth printer to make this work huh? Thanks

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I called Motorola to talk about my issue and they said to try cloud print or print share. Cloud print was free so tried that first with no luck. How much is printer share and is it a one time fee or monthly? If my printer is not blue tooth would I need that or wifi? When you say printer share connects to cloud do you mean cloud print? I think I need a new blue tooth printer to make this work huh? Thanks

Unfortunatelly yes, you will either need wifi,access to the internet or a bluetooth printer. PrinterShare is a one time fee. The way it would work is by either utilizing your wifi to connect to the printer, utilizing Google Cloud, Bluetooth printer, or a remote printer via your PC that has to have internet access. It is a one time fee but some think is a hefty price to pay. Incidentally, it was free a few weeks back on the amazon appstore for a day. As it is these are the only options you have. HERE is the link for Printer Share who has a trial version that gives you something like 20 free prints.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
So google cloud print can't be used unless you have wifi connection or a blue tooth printer right? I will prob just buy a blue tooth printer and try printer share to make sure all works as planned and if it does I will keep printer and buy printer share ap. Do you think the ap will become free again down the road? I don't print often so I think I could buy some time in case etc? Thanks

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want some cool apps, you need to install the Amazon Appstore on your device. They give a free app every day from the pay ones. You just gaot to give it a visit once a day. Another place you can check is Getjar, they have some really cool apps for free includding SwiftKeys which is a very popular keyboard around the community.

Back to the printer issue, I think in your situation I will just go with the Bluetooth printer. Good Luck! :)

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Hey thanks so much you answered all my questions for now. Thanks for tips on apps also. I was wondering that as well. Take care!

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Are you reffering to this app?
Amazon Mobile by Amazon.com (Sep 22, 2011)
Download: $0.00

Available instantly on your connected Android device
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Am...sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

(83)

Apps for Android: See all 732 items

or this app???

Kindle for Android by Amazon.com (Jun 27, 2010)
Download: $0.00

Available instantly on your connected Android device
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Ki...sr_1_3_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

(242)

Apps for Android: See all 732 items