Photo Printing from Galaxy S3

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
When i try to print photos directly from the phone there is a message stating that it can only print to a Samsung printer. Why is this? Is there a workaround other than rooting?
I have a great cannon photo printer at home that i just got last year so i don't plan to go and buy a new Samsung branded photo printer. It supports wifi so is there any way to use it to print from my phone using FoxFi as my wifi connection?
Or is there a way to use a USB cable. Obviously this wouldn't be ideal, but i would prefer not to have to download photos to my laptop, which is pretty full. Seems like extra unnecessary steps. Thoughts?

huskur

Reaction score
When i try to print photos directly from the phone there is a message stating that it can only print to a Samsung printer. Why is this? Is there a workaround other than rooting?
I have a great cannon photo printer at home that i just got last year so i don't plan to go and buy a new Samsung branded photo printer. It supports wifi so is there any way to use it to print from my phone using FoxFi as my wifi connection?
Or is there a way to use a USB cable. Obviously this wouldn't be ideal, but i would prefer not to have to download photos to my laptop, which is pretty full. Seems like extra unnecessary steps. Thoughts?

Send the photo to yourself in an email and then print with your printer over wifi from the email message attachment.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Send the photo to yourself in an email and then print with your printer over wifi from the email message attachment.
I assume that you mean to do this all on the phone. I will give it a try when i get home this afternoon. Thanks.

Semaj

Reaction score
Rageboardr said:

Look in the app store for the Canon, printer app and see if that works for you. I use the Epson app and it works. Also check out Printer Share.