PowerAmp, the New King of Music Players

kendubya

Reaction score
My initial impression of PowerAmp is it is a decent, full featured app.

Is there a way to prevent it from opening when I plug a headphone jack into my dx? I can't seem to figure it out.

Tapatalk on DX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My initial impression of PowerAmp is it is a decent, full featured app.

Is there a way to prevent it from opening when I plug a headphone jack into my dx? I can't seem to figure it out.

Tapatalk on DX
yes, in the settings > headset options > disable 'resume on headset connect'

kendubya

Reaction score
Thank you. Pulled the trigger. Five bucks, meh.

Tapatalk on DX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anything over $2.99 is too much for a music app. Period. MixZing's pricing is crazy. I love the EQ on poweramp, but five bucks is just too much for a phone app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Go get a job... 5 bucks is freakin' pocket change... :)

(or buy a blackberry and tell me 5 bucks is still too much for an app)

timrock

Reaction score
version update. 4x4 widget, swipes for lock screen, etc. i might take the plunge.

timrock

Reaction score
Same as with all widgets. Find anarea on your home screen and hold down until the widgets option pops up. Then choose the player.
version update. 4x4 widget, swipes for lock screen, etc. i might take the plunge.

I cant figure out how to put the homescreen widget on. I found the setting for the lock-screen one...but not the normal widget.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hrmm...well that's not working. It doesnt show up in the list of widgets when I try to add it. I've got the app installed on the phone storage, not the SD card.

Riley

Reaction score
Hrmm...well that's not working. It doesnt show up in the list of widgets when I try to add it. I've got the app installed on the phone storage, not the SD card.

This happened to me. I moved it from SD to phone and it wasn't listed in the widget list. After a reboot it was there.

johnpalley

Reaction score
guys does poweramp make the speakerphone lowder during phone calls? i just downloaded the app and i dont know if im doing something wrong but during a call im moving the equ preamp up and down but its not doing anything. just so you know the equ button has the blue light on.

if this app doesnt make the speakerphone louder for phone call does anyone know an app that does? im gonna have to return my droid pro that i just bought if i can solve this problem

Last edited:

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Man just found out about this. Totally rendered my itouch useless. Now that I haz proper music player.

Optimus_Primus

Reaction score
Yea I have installed PowerAMP from market and it is he best one yet IMO, I was running cubed. I have a problem though, I have one piece of album art stuck for like 10 different albums. When the track plays the original album art comes up but when I view albums in library the redundant album art shows. So I have looked around for awhile trying to fix this, even used album art grabber to completely replace all my album art, but when I view albums in library there is the oddball. So I read that this is something in the system library, which makes sense as it shows up in the stock players album art as well. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this without having to wipe my cache?? I'm sure it's just one file I have to zap but do not know which one it is??

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Awesome... finally, this is the one I was waiting for. Hadn't checked for this in a while... seems I could have had it two months ago.

MixZing just kind of bugged me... too cluttered with unneeded features for me. The EQ was the big feature I wanted but PowerAMP does everything right. Might just have to drop the 5 bucks on this one.