Power button..

Axium

Reaction score
had my droid for over a year.. my power button seems a bit loose.. and seems to sit slightly deeper than it used to.. so wearing out. is any one elses getting this way? or has anyone had their power button completely not responsive? wondering how long i got left in this droid. trying to hold out for that bionic or something >.<

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've heard of people who just remap their keys in /system/usr/keylayout (off memory may be wrong) but they remap the keys so that the camera button turns the phone on and off and turns the screen on and off just for ur future knowledge if it happens to u

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
A

Axium

Reaction score
thanks for that tip, does that mean I can set the camera button to wake the phone but still function as its original intention? the filepath is correct, il have to dig at it later on, not sure what to put and where, judging "WAKE" somehwere to whatever key # is binded to camera

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same, I see it as just a matter of time...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thread was up just the other day. The OP gave directions for doing it. Where the code is and what they changed it to. I think the thread was "remap camera button" but I can't be sure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

here