Power button will not lock, search and home buttons don't work

wotexva99

Reaction score
Early today I noticed by home button was not working and neither would my search button. They will vibrate but nothing happens

Also, when i hit the power button it not lock the screen nor will it ask for airplane mode.

Please HELP!!!!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rebooting? No, rebooting is just the process of turning your phone off and on. Think of turning a computer off and on. Nothing will be lost.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Just like a PC, you'll want to reboot every now & again. Keeps cache clean & phone running smoothly.

djryan10715

Reaction score
I have the same issue; I also can't receive calls. I have tried rebooting several times and no luck. I'm running the Pete's rooted 2.1 mod.

wanttobedroid

Reaction score
home button not working

i have had problems since rooting my phone too.....i used cyanogen first and i lost the use of my home button and the touch screen area right above the home key is not correct either, which i touch a place on the screen above the home key, it clear recongizes it left or right from where i touched.... any suggestions?

Billiard22

Reaction score
My buddies phone has the same problem. Hopefully there is a fix. He is gonna go to the verizon store after work today to see what they say.

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
Early today I noticed by home button was not working and neither would my search button. They will vibrate but nothing happens

Also, when i hit the power button it not lock the screen nor will it ask for airplane mode.

Please HELP!!!!!!
I seem to be having the same issue with my Droid, please post if you can find a fix for it.
Tried rebooting, safe mode and still no change.

Billiard22

Reaction score
So my buddie went to the Verizon store today finally and all they did was a factory reset. Now his phone works again, he had to redownload all his apps but it works now. So for all out there try a factory reset and that should be the trick to fix it.

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
WOW... that's not even an option for me right now. I'm out of the country and to do that would make my Droid a nice little night light. would be the second time in a month that I would have to "factor reset" my phone. Thank you for the update.

:icon_cussing: