droid home,search button not working

mobi_21

Reaction score
ok hope i am posting on the right place.. got my droid flashed to cricket and had it running good for about 3 months but today tragedy struck. my home button and search button are not working along with the power button not locking the screen, when i long press it gives me power off option only. ive read everywhere and everyones solution is to reboot but ill lose my flash if i do and i dont want to pay again to flash it again so any help would be awesome

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How do you lose the flash if you reboot???? Sounds like someone did a shotty job. (I have no knowledge about flashing a phone to another carrier, just using common sense).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

droidlady05

Reaction score
Mobi, are you referring to a reboot (aka power cycle) or a factory reset? I agree with the poster above a reboot will not sabotage your flash to Cricket.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
M

mobi_21

Reaction score
a factory reboot. i dont recieve any calls and it somehow changed my gmail password so i quickly deleted that account. which by the way is more difficult than it seems but i will go ahead and try the factory reset via settings- privacy- factory data reset and hopefully not lose the flash