Power/Lock button will not work!

ldl81395

Reaction score
So I've been having a lot of problems with the power/lock button on my driod. It happened about 2 weeks ago, when I went to go shut my screen off, id tap the button, and the shut down/airplane mode/ silent mode would come up, everytime, and it would only work once in a blue moon, and id have to wait for it to time out. but now, the button won't even work!! I'll press it down as hard as possible, and nothing. it just won't work. and I'm not sure what to do about it. Please help!!

Parawood

Reaction score
On - Off

On - Off button not working also. Went to VW on Friday. They are sending a replacement. It is less then one year old, so it is warrantied.

Parawood

JasonS

Reaction score
My Droid X just started doing this today too. Check to see if your home and search buttons work and if your home screen slide lock (or pattern lock) works. Also, was your default ringtone changed? All of these are symptoms of my phone and I'd like to find a solution other than a factory reset. That's all that's on the forums and there needs to be another solution for this.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same thing, because the symptoms are a bit different, but if you change some of the settings in "spare parts" it can cause your lock button to do nothing. If you have spare parts, I'd go in and check the "end button behavior" setting. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's probably more serious than that...hope it works out ok!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If the button doesn't work you need to take the phone back to Verizon. It's a major hardware issue at that point and hopefully will be covered by warranty. Failing that, insurance.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My Droid X just started doing this today too. Check to see if your home and search buttons work and if your home screen slide lock (or pattern lock) works. Also, was your default ringtone changed? All of these are symptoms of my phone and I'd like to find a solution other than a factory reset. That's all that's on the forums and there needs to be another solution for this.
:welcome: to the forum!

Sometimes a factory reset is required, no matter the phone.