Post your droid speedtest results

fro

Reaction score
674882123.png

853185.png

WiFi test with my Droid was done within a couple feet of my router (Linksys WRT610N) and no other devices on the network were doing anything requiring lots of bandwidth.

The Droid upload speed is always ~1Mbps, download speeds vary from 2 - 8 Mbps...seemingly depends on time of day although given my PC did ~20Mbps where the Droid just did 3Mbps doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Can anyone offer suggestions on why that might be?

fro

Reaction score
FYI - here's a result with 2x better download results, taken just a few minutes after the previous post. Curiously, the ping time is about 2x worse....

854267.png

fro

Reaction score
So I did a little more testing using FileZilla as FTP client and installed the SwiFTP server on my Droid. After getting things configured (SwiFTP is pretty idiot-proof) I FTPed a bunch of big files between my Droid and PC hard drive.

The Droid is attached via WiFi to my router (Linksys WRT610N) and the PC has a wired Ethernet connection. Moving files from Droid SD card to PC was 1.5 to 1.6 Mbytes/second (12-13Mbps). Transfer from PC to Droid SD was over 2Mbytes/second (16-18Mbps).

So clearly the 1Mbps upload speed when using speedtest doesn't reflect a hardware limitation of the Droid, but something else.

Parafly9

Reaction score
So I ran this on my wife's droid yesterday. My PC gets 20mb down / 1mb up. The Droid on WiFi got 2mb down / 1mb up. What gives? Why is the droid so much slower? Haven't tried just wifi yet

Parafly9

Reaction score
674882123.png

853185.png

WiFi test with my Droid was done within a couple feet of my router (Linksys WRT610N) and no other devices on the network were doing anything requiring lots of bandwidth.

The Droid upload speed is always ~1Mbps, download speeds vary from 2 - 8 Mbps...seemingly depends on time of day although given my PC did ~20Mbps where the Droid just did 3Mbps doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Can anyone offer suggestions on why that might be?

This is almost exactly what I look like.

Parafly9

Reaction score
I'm confused. I run Speedtest on my PS3 and on my home PC and I get like 25 down / 2 up. On the Droid I get about 2 down / 1 up.

w/out wifi, I'm like .5 down and .1 up. Why am I soo slow? I'm south of Worcester but reception here is good....

omally

Reaction score
Download Barcode Scanner. I think Shop Savvy might do it with the latest update, too.

Here's mine:

1064455.png

I won't bother posting my LAN speed, as Road Runner has been running at about 20% what it's supposed to for the last month or so.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Shop Savvy scanned it, thanks omally!

2.2 Mb/s down
0.70 Mb/s up

I'm very happy with that!

Monty

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Interesting. Just tested my wifi both from my laptop and from my Droid.

8.5 Mb down / 0.35 Mb up (university cap, methinks.) on laptop on wifi.
3.5 Mb down / 0.35 Mb up on Droid on wifi.

:icon_eek:

uscjoel

Reaction score
Wifi: 2.26 down 1.09 up.

3G: 0.76 down 0.54 up

Why such a drastic change? I have full 3g service?